Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Star Wars: The Mandalorian [** Spoilers **] [Disney+] (US Pace)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,136 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

pixelburp wrote: »
    The "rangers of the new republic" spin off is officially dead in the water apparently; no longer in "active development" according to sources. Didn't get the sense this was ever that far into production but you'd imagine the kerfuffle with Carano definitively killed it off.

Apparently Bill Burr is getting his own spin off show instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,203 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Apparently Bill Burr is getting his own spin off show instead.

Yikes....

I mean I'm a fan of Bill Burr, but I don't think he or the character have the chops to sustain a show centered around or even led by them. I think he works well in small doses, and was expecting maybe a multi-episode arc in the next series of The Mandalorian, but definitely not his own spin-off.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,895 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

I don't think any of the side characters so far has had the umph needed for an entire show.

TBH, I'm happy that this New Republic malarkey never got off the ground. It never sounded that interesting in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,273 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Bill Burr's character is grand for a bit of comic relief once a season, I wouldn't be building a whole series around him.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I wonder is this a fishing expedition with Disney. That basically any and all characters are being workshopped as spin off material, then intentionally leaked to see what the social media uptick is. Bill Burr feels very left field, and also wouldn't have ever thought could hold a whole show together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

I wonder is this a fishing expedition with Disney. That basically any and all characters are being workshopped as spin off material, then intentionally leaked to see what the social media uptick is. Bill Burr feels very left field, and also wouldn't have ever thought could hold a whole show together.

No it is just nonsensical Internet speculation as always - someone has to be related and everyone gets their own show or movie

Tony EH wrote: »
    I don't think any of the side characters so far has had the umph needed for an entire show.

TBH, I'm happy that this New Republic malarkey never got off the ground. It never sounded that interesting in the first place.

How was it not interesting?

No one at Lucasfilm ever said what it was about

The "rangers of the new republic" spin off is officially dead in the water apparently; no longer in "active development" according to sources. Didn't get the sense this was ever that far into production but you'd imagine the kerfuffle with Carano definitively killed it off.

Not dead just shelved for the time being.

Both Favereau and Filoni have a lot on at the moment with bother series and other work that isn’t Star Wars and Filoni being the head creative which he should have been since Lucas left.

The crossover event series is still years off and there is plenty of time to get Rangers done before that. Or possibly do to to the workload they decided Rangers is a show that could come after the crossover - introduce those characters in that series instead.

There is no way Carano getting the chop is what got Rangers shelved. She is not lead star material by any means and even if she was the lead she could easily be replaced rather then abandon the project. Plus it is Rangers not Ranger - so there was to be a team. Again one character is easily replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,136 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

They need to do a Darth Bane show

• Registered Users Posts: 60,273 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Disney have submitted Gina Carano for an Emmy :pac:
    BEST DRAMA ACTOR
    Pedro Pascal as The Mandalorian

BEST DRAMA SUPPORTING ACTOR
    Giancarlo Esposito as Moff Gideon
    Temuera Morrison as Boba Fett

BEST DRAMA SUPPORTING ACTRESS
    Gina Carano as Cara Dune

BEST DRAMA GUEST ACTOR
    Omid Abtahi as Dr. Pershing (“The Siege”)
    Michael Biehn as Captain Lang (“The Jedi”)
    Bill Burr as Migs Mayfeld (“The Believer”)
    Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker (“The Rescue”)
    Simon Kassianides as Axe Woves (“The Heiress”)
    Timothy Olyphant as Cobb Vanth (“The Marshal”)
    Horatio Sanz as Mythrol (“The Siege”)
    Carl Weathers as Greef Karga (“The Siege”)
    Titus Welliver as Imperial Captain (“The Heiress”)

BEST DRAMA GUEST ACTRESS
    Rosario Dawson as Ahsoka Tano (“The Jedi”)
    Diana Lee Inosanto as Morgan Elsbeth (“The Jedi”)
    Misty Rosas as Frog Lady (“The Passenger”)
    Katee Sackhoff as Bo-Katan Kryze (“The Rescue”)
    Amy Sedaris as Peli Motto (“The Marshal”)
    Mercedes Varnado as Koska Reeves (“The Rescue”)
    Ming-Na Wen as Fennec Shand (“The Tragedy”)

BEST CHARACTER VOICE-OVER PERFORMANCE
    Richard Ayoade as Zero (“The Passenger”)
    John Leguizamo as Gor Koresh (“The Marshal”)

https://www.goldderby.com/article/2021/mark-hamill-gina-carano-the-mandalorian-cast-emmys/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,203 ✭✭✭✭Penn

In fairness, looking at that it seems the only person not nominated is the hand up Grogu's arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,951 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Her acting was pretty dire.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,785 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

When they're nominating people for characters they didn't even bother to name like Imperial Captain or Frog Lady, then no surprise Gina is nominated

Something in Carano’s contract maybe?

Or an over enthusiastic intern?

Might just be a sarcastic insider joke.

There cannot be anyone who really thinks her "acting" was worthy of any kind of award surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

There cannot be anyone who really thinks her "acting" was worthy of any kind of award surely.
    They nominated Mark Hamill and all they did was use an old photo of him.

They nominated Mark Hamill and all they did was use an old photo of him.

It was still better than Carano. :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I think any noted or prestige production does this. Just propose all your cast and see who gets a nomination; they've put forward their various one note guest characters, I don't think it means anything Carano got the nod.

Not much of a joke though.

It is just odd, not funny.

I think any noted or prestige production does this. Just propose all your cast and see who gets a nomination; they've put forward their various one note guest characters, I don't think it means anything Carano got the nod.

Even so it is strange to put forward everyone.

And the fired Carano for the unpleasant social media. Did they not worry that some might be “offended” that they put her forward for a reward?

I’m rather surprise no one is clutching the pearls about this.

Be hilarious is actually got nominated. Be legend if she won. :)

• Advertisement

What about Bad Batch and the Marvel shows?

Or the other Disney originals?

Did they also put in everyone’s name?

It's American awards, anything can happen. But if Carano won, the inanimate carbon rod that was her closest competition would feel aggrieved for missing out

It's American awards, anything can happen. But if Carano won, the inanimate carbon rod that was her closest competition would feel aggrieved for missing out

I should know what that inanimate carbon rod is a reference to but as soon as I read it I started thinking of the Tub of Lard from Have I Got News for You and it is blocking my path to inanimate carbon rod.

Give me time. I want to see if I can get it without looking it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,123 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

It's amusing to me that it's Disney that have embarrassed themselves here in general with their ludicrous submissions, yet it's Carano herself that's getting bashed specifically.

It's amusing to me that it's Disney that have embarrassed themselves here in general with their ludicrous submissions, yet it's Carano herself that's getting bashed specifically.

Like I said, I believe a lot of shows do this with putting forward everyone, see what happens. Don't blame them TBH, can't win if you're not in. Carano gets the boot in cos she was always bloody awful, making the nominations a bit ludicrous in this case, yes.

Like I said, I believe a lot of shows do this with putting forward everyone, see what happens. Don't blame them TBH, can't win if you're not in. Carano gets the boot in cos she was always bloody awful, making the nominations a bit ludicrous in this case, yes.

You make it sound like they sacked her for not being able to act.

Also, Micheal Biehn and Titus Welliver should have been saved for characters with much larger roles.

Although they could still be alien characters in another show.l

You make it sound like they sacked her for not being able to act.

What? I never referenced her sacking. "Get the boot in" as in Carano being sledged for her bad acting.

What? I never referenced her sacking. "Get the boot in" as in Carano being sledged for her bad acting.

Apologies,

I saw “Carano gets the boots cos”. I missed the “in”.

But that makes me confused. Doesn’t “Carano gets the boot in” means that she is the one sticking the boot in not getting the boo stuck into her?

• Advertisement

Who is bashing Carano over this?

Advertisement