Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The BBC again: ‘No whites need apply’

• 20-06-2021 1:50pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,631 CMod ✭✭✭✭

The BBC are at it again exploiting loopholes in equality law that allow them to advertise jobs specifically not for white people.

Got me thinking, I wonder could you just turn up at the interview and claim to identify as the race they’re looking to hire? It worked for Rachel Dolezal for a few years.

From the article: “Earlier this year, the BBC published its Diversity And Inclusion Plan, with a commitment to ensure its workforce comprises 50 per cent women, 20 per cent black and ethnic minority and 12 per cent disabled, to better reflect UK society” ...which will inevitably lead to people showing up identifying as a woman, identifying as BAME or claiming a hidden disability just to nail the job.

How can people ever show that they’re more than just a Diversity hire if they didn’t have to compete on the open market for a job?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

How white are we talking here? Is there a dulux colour chart?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,690 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Life is just getting harder and harder for white people

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

How will the BBC decide who is too white to apply? Blood tests? Skull measurements?

Blood and soil will be the metric :pac:

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭EnzoScifo

White people: Always the victim, it's never their fault.

EnzoScifo wrote: »

Do you support employment discrimination based on race? Yes or no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Burt Renaults

Nothing new there. The Daily Mail offers a similar, albeit slightly better-paid, scheme.

https://www.journoresources.org.uk/job/stephen-lawrence-scholarship-dail-mail/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

cherrypicked occupation must meet cherrypicked ratio.

or ... boooo?

doesnt apply to all occupations of course.
    you wouldnt find this applied to heart surgeons or high court judges.

because society would laugh you out the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Dante

What if I'm white but identify as brown?

This term was hardly mentioned on boards only a few year ago, yet now it is common, which shows how racially radical people have gotten in a short period of time. If you don't like white people, even if you are one, maybe you should move to Africa or the Middle East? Europeans don't have to tolerate this nonsense, especially in our own continent.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Life is just getting harder and harder for white people

In what way, compared to people who aren't white?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 40,944 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Surely the "whites" can apply for the other 80% of jobs that are set aside for the non blacks.....

I think i've said this before but what the hey...

When i watched Lethal Weapon as a kid, it honesly didnt occur to me that Mel Gibson was white and Danny Glover was black. I experienced their characters as Mel Gibson being the crazy suicidal one and Danny Glover the jaded "too old for this sh1t" one. Race played no part it in it whatsoever, they were partners. If that movie were made today, race would probably be the central theme and that's sad. We're going backwards here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Is 12% of society disabled?!?! Wtf are we doing?

Is 12% of society disabled?!?! Wtf are we doing?

Can you recognise a disabled person by looking at them??

TomTomTim wrote: »
    If you don't like white people, even if you are one, maybe you should move to Africa or the Middle East? Europeans don't have to tolerate this nonsense, especially in our own continent.

Europeans did it to every other continent on Earth. About time the chickens came home to roost.

How white are we talking here? Is there a dulux colour chart?

It's usually the "one-drop rule". Because they are racist as absolute ****.

And people should make no mistake—the useful idiots who are eager to **** on "the whites" today because it's considered acceptable and they're au fait with that, will just as easily turn their ire on any other skin colour should it become "the done thing" in five, or ten, or fifty years, when their racial identitarianism comes home to roost.

Take names. Never forget what they did in this moment.

Do you support employment discrimination based on race? Yes or no?

Do you?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭Cordell

It's racist towards both white people and black people, a rare feat.

Europeans did it to every other continent on Earth. About time the chickens came home to roost.
    So it's time for modern Europeans to pay for the sins of a tiny fraction of their great great great grandfathers? A kind of blood libel if you will?

Do you?

No sir, discrimination on the basis of race is bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Yakov P. Golyadkin

TomTomTim wrote: »
    If you don't like white people, even if you are one, maybe you should move to Africa or the Middle East? Europeans don't have to tolerate this nonsense, especially in our own continent.

Because Europeans are a homogenously white people, from the Iberian peninsula to the wastes of Siberia, and from the Scottish Highlands to Thrace; One people, one colour.

Cordell wrote: »
    It's racist towards both white people and black people, a rare feat.

Ah, but this is good racism

So it's time for modern Europeans to pay for the sins of a tiny fraction of their great great great grandfathers? A kind of blood libel if you will?

It is indeed yes. Europeans went to these countries and promoted minority positive discrimination in high end jobs, civil service and ownership of natural resources.

Having a few jobs in the bbc for minorities shouldn't be an issue, but white nativists are so insecure it's an outrage.

It is indeed yes. Europeans went to these countries and promoted minority positive discrimination in high end jobs, civil service and ownership of natural resources.

Having a few jobs in the bbc for minorities shouldn't be an issue, but white nativists are so insecure it's an outrage.
    Edit:
    So as not to defame you i will correct my statememt to read;

Do you realise you are espousing racism?

Do you realise that you are in fact a racist?

Do you realize that you are parroting white supremacist talking points on an internet forum on a summer's sunday afternoon. Time for a rethink of your life?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭joseywhales

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Can you recognise a disabled person by looking at them??

I assume this is rhetorical but no I cannot. I assume there is some medical criteria and objective test to satisfy the status of "disabled" though. I am shocked that so many people are disabled. Like how are they all getting so badly hurt?

Do you realize that you are parroting white supremacist talking points on an internet forum on a summer's sunday afternoon. Time for a rethink of your life?

Would you like to point out where i espouse White supremacy?

Sins of the father. We're really going backwards under the guise of progress. In frankess, I pity people with your mindset, as you're full of hatred and spite like no other, and that must be hellish to live with.

You want vengeance against a whole race, yet you're telling others to look at their lives :pac:

• Advertisement

I assume this is rhetorical but no I cannot. I assume there is some medical criteria and objective test to satisfy the status of "disabled" though. I am shocked that so many people are disabled. Like how are they all getting so badly hurt?

Why do you think you have to "get hurt" to be disabled?

I think your idea of what a disabled person is wildly twisted

13.5% of Irish society are disabled

Advertisement