Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kingdom - Netflix series

• 27-03-2020 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭

From RT:
    "In this period zombie thriller, a Korean prince is sent out on a mission to investigate an outbreak that threatens his kingdom."

"Critics Consensus: An enthralling blend of blood, terror, and political intrigue, Kingdom is a refreshing addition to the zombie landscape."

I watched the first 10 mins of it, and thought some of the exaggerated acting style in many an eastern Asian production wasn't for me. A few posters on the Netflix recommendations thread said how good it was, so I had another go, and was hooked after the first episode. It's got some nice fresh twists on the genre with a strong narrative driving it forward. Above all, it's Intensity in ten cities in tense city.

2 series with 6 episodes each at the mo.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,084 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Just started watching this today and find it excellent.
    Think I'll stick on ep3 already

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

Finished season 2 yesterday. Good inventive story-telling and direction, well-paced action, with very good production values= ripping yarn. Looking forward to season 3.
    I didn't realise until I looked it up that the Josean dynasty was real. I don't remember reading about zombies in my history books.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,084 ✭✭✭✭blade1

blade1 wrote: »
    Just started watching this today and find it excellent.
    Think I'll stick on ep3 already

I watched all season 1 on Saturday and all season 2 on Sunday.
    That's saying something as I wouldn't be much of a Telly Addict.
    Hope there's a season 3 which looks like there will.

Yeah, might watch this in the not too distant future..

Although I'm considering rationing TV, but, this might be nextish..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭Glebee

Really enjoying this, its very good. Samurai vs Zombies. Whats not to like.

• Advertisement

Glebee wrote: »
    Really enjoying this, its very good. Samurai vs Zombies. Whats not to like.

Just finished S1. This is brilliant. A great twist to the zombie genre of programmes. Think ill watch S2 and then pick Walking Dead back up again at S6

• Registered Users Posts: 28,786 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

That was an excellent series.
    Think fast crazy zombies are better. Of course in real life, would prefer them to be the slow ones of a non ninja variety.
    Well would prefer none really, but if had to choose.

Anyway, a show that can have zombies and interesting stories? Crazy idea.
    Who was the woman in the last episode when they had the young king out walking? Seemed to show her for a bit.
    Tiger hunter guy was partially to blame for all of this by cooking the kid.
    When it showed the worms coming out, I was reminded of The Strain.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,231 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Dunno how I missed this when it was released but halfway thru episode 2 of the first season and I'm finding it boring and exaggerated stupidity/dialogue etc - this is after finishing the second season of Black Summer

Just noticed that there is a sidequel episode to series 2:

"A special feature-length episode of the series, titled "Kingdom: Ashin of the North", was released on July 23, 2021 and focused on the supporting character Ashin played by Jun Ji-hyun.[15] The episode acts as a sidequel to the second season of Kingdom and explores the backstory of Ashin, the mysterious character Lee Chang's group encountered on their journey north to discover the origins of the infected."

The first 2 were so full of action and story that before the 3rd series starts (whenever that is) I'll watch the first one again, before watching this, and then the second again, just before the third starts.

Found the film special pretty boring compared to the series

• Advertisement

I really enjoyed the Ashin stand-alone film. Once it got going it was great and I loved the ending. Season 3 can’t come quick enough if it’s even in production.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,989 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

The film was god-awful, a boring confusing mess. Which is a pity as S1 & S2 were excellent.

3rd season not renewed yet, covid restrictions in Korea have delayed it multiple times.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

i was just going to post to ask if there was a third season or if the story is complete because googling it reveals nothing.

Is production likely to resume after this long?

I checked about a week ago, and couldn't see anything regarding this. I really hope it goes ahead. Great entertainment.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,786 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Trying to remember was there a trailer at the end of the film?

Surprised there was nothing at the event last week. Guess it means it's a while away yet.

I think I will hold off on starting this until there is news of next season.

It's very much worth watching plus the special - even if no new season it's self contained enough

I certainly do intend to watch it. Just going to wait a bit

Advertisement