Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Importing EV from Northern Ireland

• 19-06-2021 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hi all,

I’m hoping someone can clarify if I have the whole importing an EV from NI process correct. I’ve scoured boards and it’s confusing 🀷ðŸ»*♂️

So, the car I’m looking at has an English reg and I believe that if it was moved to NI before 31/12/20, then I don’t have to pay additional VAT or customs charges, right?

I assume the car has been in NI since before this date so other than the V5C and usual forms, invoices etc., is there any other info required? I’ve seen a mention of a T2L form and customs declarations etc but I’m not sure if I need those.

Thanks ðŸ˜

Robot

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭reni10

You need the ferry docket from when the car was imported into NI before brexit.

If you have that then no customs or vat and if it is an EV that is not over a certain value then you won't have to pay any VRT either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,829 ✭✭✭User1998

If the registered owner lives in NI and has owned the car since before 2021 then you won’t need any proof of when the car entered NI. The proof will be on the V5.

Check the VRT calculator for VRT rates

Advertisement