Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Acca professional exams

• 17-06-2021 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

Just looking at booking the SBR exam for december. Can anyone tell me if there is any major differences between the irish n UK versions and if there is a specific book just for the irish version?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭shano_88

There'll only be a difference in one question worth between 15 -20% of the exam where UK Gaap is examined. The rest will be the exact same as the international variant.

I don't know if there is a different text book available. I did the lectures with Accountancy school where Liam covered UK Gaap towards the end. I don't think you need to spend a massive amount of time looking at it. Past exam questions and sample answers are probably your friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭franciscanpunk

I've tried to find a seperate textbook relating solely to the irish version but cant seem to find one. Does anyone know if it exists?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Citrus_8

All, except few, related to taxation, audit and reporting mainly, ACCA exams and its material is in English. There is no such a thing as UK or Irish version. ACCA is a global organisation with same syllabus. As I said, only one or two exams have versions which have slight differences.

I'm thinking about:

Corporate and Business Law (LW)

Taxation (TX)

And definitely:

Strategic Business Reporting (SBR) - International or local (not sure about local option, but definitely UK is one of them)

Advanced Taxation (ATX)

Advanced Audit and Assurance (AAA) - International or local (not sure about local option, but definitely UK is one of them)

Try to ask on the Opentuition.com ACCA forum.

Irish variant exams relate to irish taxation irish company law etc.

If you are working in ireland better to do irish variant.

Especially the tax papers.

Thanks for adding this, as I wasn't sure about which ones can be chosen as Irish option. Law makes total sense. Do you know where material for Irish ones could be found? I'm thinking, maybe best to take these Irish exams with a college as they provide the material too.

• Advertisement

Im a qualified acca many years.

Lectures with irish providers i.e dbs griffith college etc will provide appropriate material.

In my time you could download past papers and answers from acca website with irish variants also.

My tip for exam success is get to practicing exam questions asap.

Sounds obvious, but actually your advice is very very good and useful for beginners who don't know what to start from. I'm only a starter with ACCA.

For OP: I could direct to https://www.accaglobal.com/ie/en/student/exam-support-resources.html, then choose ACCA Qualification, then pick your exam and then Practise tests and Specimen exams

Advertisement