Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walrus - Euro 2020 mutant edition

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Sulli
    Sinead Spears

and also

The Purple Tin
    BeakerJoe

you have been randominatored

Shelly dont tell anyone your country :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

fixXxer wrote: »
    Sulli
    Sinead Spears

and also

The Purple Tin
    BeakerJoe

you have been randominatored

Dont you....forget about me....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,707 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

The winner has just arrived in FixXxer's inbox.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

There are some seriously incredible songs from my country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

sullivlo wrote: »
    I put on a youtube playlist of "best songs from XXXX in 2021" earlier. It was all generic, insipid dirge :(
    I'll have to dig a little deeper...

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,247 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I put on a youtube playlist of "best songs from XXXX in 2021" earlier. It was all generic, insipid dirge :(
    I'll have to dig a little deeper...

2020?

Zaph wrote: »
    2020?
    I genuinely had to check my calendar there to check I hadn't made a mistake. Old age is getting to me :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Wait, does the song have to have been released in 2020? or can it be from any year?

Wait, does the song have to have been released in 2020? or can it be from any year?

Year doesn't matter, Euro 2020 just gave me a topical point of reference to base the framework of the not really rules but definitely guidelines around.

• Advertisement

Oops - sorry your the confusion. I was just looking for new music from my country, so found a 2021 playlist. Didn't mean to imply it was part of the game

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

sullivlo wrote: »

... by this I mean that were we just looking for a classic, amazing song that we all love, I would be a sure winner. But looking for something new/obscure... less confident in the W.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

The winner has just arrived in FixXxer's inbox.

But.....but...I havent submitted it yet???? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭aaronjennings

Only seen this now, fire up the randomiser and send one on, please :)

Edit: If there's a space available

Jaysus, the feckin state of my country's music :eek:

wasn't expecting that at all.

I've one song I like, but the rest of the stuff from the artist is shyte.

Another song I found I'm a bit meh with it, but I think other people might like it.

All in all, not going very well for me here :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

I've had to go with a novelty song.

I suspect that's a bit chancey...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,875 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

I had a "difficult" country too.
    There was a very famous option - but I decided to go with something less known.

I like the concept of this walrus very much. An opportunity to discover obscure artists from countries like Slovakia, Croatia and North Macedonia :D

Or a song about Slovakia, North Macedonia, etc - though there can't be many of them!

Irish Aris wrote: »
    I had a "difficult" country too.

mine didn't even seem like it would be a difficult country.

maybe I'm not looking in the right places :pac:

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,247 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

cdeb wrote: »
    Or a song about Slovakia, North Macedonia, etc - though there can't be many of them!

If I can't find a decent native song from my country, there is one obvious very well known song that I could throw in, but I don't think it will score very well.

• Advertisement

I've found a few from my country I actually quite like, but none of them scream "Walrus winner" to me.

OK, some people are taking this far more serious than I was. I'm worried now! :eek:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

cdeb wrote: »
    OK, some people are taking this far more serious than I was. I'm worried now! :eek:

It's fine, you'll definitely finish ahead of me even if it was a Peruvian Flute Band :pac:

OK, now we've got a challenge :) Spice things up at the wrong end.

I just looked back at fixXxer's posts and found a Nicki Minaj recommendation in a previous Walrus. I'm not sure we're going to see eye-to-eye musically! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Jaysus, the feckin state of my country's music :eek:

wasn't expecting that at all.

I've one song I like, but the rest of the stuff from the artist is shyte.

Another song I found I'm a bit meh with it, but I think other people might like it.

All in all, not going very well for me here :(

Yeah I expected more from my country, I have so far heard 2 decent songs and about 20 that were painfully bad. I was rooting for them in the football but after listening to their music I kinda hope they fail

I'm the same. I was really happy with my pick. They have a couple of great bands but I was hoping to avoid the obvious, might not be able to though

That said, it's hard to search. I'm sure I played a YouTube playlist if "new Irish music" I probably wouldn't like most

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

I know one song from my country (it is possible I know more and don't realise it :D), not counting eurovision entries ;) I started looking and ended up on a dance music playlist unintentionally... It was all very meh :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I've listened to some amount of absolute ****e this week for this so I'm going to plump for the most famous one, it's actually a great song and really liked it.. wanted something more obscure but the bloody country I got are useless

This competition isn't doing much for international diplomacy :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Was I the only one who got a Country I was happy with? :pac:

giphy.gif

Advertisement