Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pallet forks

• 17-06-2021 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭

Folks, I have a set of bare forks here with no back plate. I am plenty capable of making one but to be honest if I could pick up a used back plate it would probably be as cheap and only leave me the euro hooks to weld on.

Does anyone know where I might find such a thing? Preferably in the south east. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Wildsurfer

Will you not want to be able to move forks to adjust for different size pallets?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

Grueller wrote: »
    Folks, I have a set of bare forks here with no back plate. I am plenty capable of making one but to be honest if I could pick up a used back plate it would probably be as cheap and only leave me the euro hooks to weld on.

Does anyone know where I might find such a thing? Preferably in the south east. Thanks

Go onto DoneDeal and search “forklift ballast” an ad in Dublin should appear. Sixth photo has what you want. Don’t know if you will be able to buy it on its own though. Maybe two 10mm sheets welded together and cut the notches

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭Grueller

Wildsurfer wrote: »
    Will you not want to be able to move forks to adjust for different size pallets?

A carriage off a forklift would allow that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

A carriage off a forklift would allow that.

If your forks have bottom guides (do stop them falling off when tilted down), make sure it measures up with the carriage. Let me know how much they want for a carriage, a lot of the forks on donedeal are just made up of box iron.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭satstheway

This is what i did and it works well. But i got mine from a forklift company in the NW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭satstheway

Alot of cutting to cut the roller brackets of the plate. Like half a days grinder work.

Advertisement