Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

January 2020 Recruitment.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭AlphaBravoOut

Congrats! I had assumed that these results would have came back together? How long ago did it roughly take for your medical results to come back?
    Mine also only took a couple of days and SMT came back the day after medical result. They definitely seem to be speeding things up. Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Mcfluffers

Mine also only took a couple of days and SMT came back the day after medical result. They definitely seem to be speeding things up. Good luck

I would be absolutely delighted if my smt results came through this week! Things seem to be moving very fast in general now for everyone which is great!

Side note - if anyone has been worrying themselves sick about mental health issues on their medical form and have read previous posts about being an automatic fail if you have been prescribed antidepressants in the last year, I can confirm that occ health 100% assess each case individually and it is definitely not an automatic no!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 JRR2021

What exactly do you need to ask for from your gp for the medical? I’ve moved about a bit so thinking I might start trying to track down my medical history now…

JRR2021 wrote: »
    What exactly do you need to ask for from your gp for the medical? I’ve moved about a bit so thinking I might start trying to track down my medical history now…

You fill in your medical questionnaire and leave it in your practice for the GP to verify if you have answered the questions correctly. If you have said yes to anything the GP can provide you with evidence like hospital reports etc.

I could be wrong but I think most Northern Ireland practices are linked through a system called ECR - maybe just contact your GP first and see if they can see your complete history or not to save you calling round!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Libby 411

What sort of times is people getting who have passed the PCA?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Xxx1234

Libby 411 wrote: »
    What sort of times is people getting who have passed the PCA?

Below 4m 30s

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Mark Mycards

So can I just confirm if there is an actual physical medical, or is it just forms to go to gp?

So can I just confirm if there is an actual physical medical, or is it just forms to go to gp?

You bring the filled in questionnaire to an actual physical appointment with occupational health.

You will receive the questionnaire after your PCA, if you pass.

Thanks mcfluffers

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭walkman2302

Medical passed just waiting on my SMT results now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 CG1324

When did you go for your medical? Congratulations on passing!

CG1324 wrote: »
    When did you go for your medical? Congratulations on passing!

Late last week

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Heidibo1955

How long after you pass the pca does it take to be invited to do the medical? Also once the medical is complete and passed how long then until appointable?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 CLC93

How long after you pass the pca does it take to be invited to do the medical? Also once the medical is complete and passed how long then until appointable?

Typically you shouldn't be waiting too long for a medical invite after passing your PCA, I passed my PCA back in Nov and have had my medical pass from Feb (covid restrictions got in the way). You're appointable once you have completed and passed all of the PSNI managed stages, that includes your vetting. How long does vetting take to pass? Anywhere from 1 week (like someone on here recently) to 36 weeks and counting like me.

I got my medical date roughly 3 weeks after passing pca, medical date was around 4 weeks after that so waiting around 7 weeks for medical.

Everyone’s medical/smt results seems to take a different amount of time - I waited less than 48 hours for medical but others have been waiting longer.

And like CLC93 has said vetting must be passed to become appointable. This is the most unpredictable stage as some pass extremely fast and others can take a lot longer

That’s me appointable - phewww

Mcfluffers wrote: »
    That’s me appointable - phewww

Well done hopefully not far behind you

• Registered Users Posts: 11 9876mac

Who all is appointable and waiting for the call? If so, what sort of merit range?

I'm 100-150 & appointable.

9876mac wrote: »
    Who all is appointable and waiting for the call? If so, what sort of merit range?

I'm 100-150 & appointable.

Appointable

1-20

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Howdyfolks

Apointable 200-220

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Howdyfolks

The guys getting their medical results and SMT are these fast trackers or non fast trackers?
    Useful for trying to gauge potential start dates 🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 11 9876mac

I think they're all fast track but I'm not 100% sure

SMT result came back. That’s me appointable. ML number 80-100 so hopeful of a call.

SMT result came back. That’s me appointable. ML number 80-100 so hopeful of a call.

Well done! We should be in the same intake!

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭NeeNaw21

Anyone have any information on the results of the new uniform pilot that completed at the beginning of the year?
    The new uniform is going ahead. But this is the public sector. Change is always slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 JRR2021

For those that have got the call- is it for July or August? Seen someone asking about a September call too?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 MUFC1

I was go to in June, but had to put it back, they told me September but not sure what date.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,644 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Mod: Please don’t post exact dates. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 180lm

Hi all,

I was recently made appointable (ML position: 120-150) and was trying to work out when we would be offered a training. Does anyone have a rough estimate of timelines for how the groups are progressing? i.e: what ML positions have been offered September training..

Any help is greatly appreciated and a further well done to you all for getting through this far!!

• Advertisement

Admin, delete if not appropriate.

Was just wondering if everyone from our wee pca group during last week got through, hopefully they did!!

Feel free to private message if you don't want to put that info in public domain.

Advertisement