Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Shimano 105 5800 Chainring replacement

• 16-06-2021 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭

Currenlty have 50/34 105 5800 MA chainrings but the 50T seems to be out of stock everywhere, 34T is available.

Is there any alternatives that I could replace the existing worn chainrings with, without having to swap out other components also?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Idioteque wrote: »
    Currenlty have 50/34 105 5800 MA chainrings but the 50T seems to be out of stock everywhere, 34T is available.

Is there any alternatives that I could replace the existing worn chainrings with, without having to swap out other components also?

The 7000 is the replacement. You should be ok to swap it directly, although you may find it fits slightly better if you swap the front derailleur for the 7000 series design as well. See here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Mantel will have a 50/34 next week apparently. I got one from them a few weeks ago, only place that had a 5800. Quick dispatch, 4 day delivery for the last few parcels I've gotten. Worth keeping an eye there.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Idioteque

Breezer wrote: »
    The 7000 is the replacement. You should be ok to swap it directly, although you may find it fits slightly better if you swap the front derailleur for the 7000 series design as well. See here.

Thanks for this - Bike-discount.de had the r7000 50T and 34T cheaper (€53.73) vs the 5800 via Mantel (€74.11). So went with the extra r7000 front deraileur given the saving.

Mantel out now out of stock on both 34T and 50T between 5th - 18th July.

Advertisement