Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Superintending 2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

Hopefully they are. That's fairly on the ball communication wise. If one poster here missed it I'm sure others did too.

Go SEC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Random sample

gaiscioch wrote: »
    The SEC might be keeping an eye on this thread as they just sent us all a letter clarifying this specific point about the box.

I wonder has this issue come up on VFT? The volume of questions there on superintending is astounding. And the number of people giving information that is classified out on a public page under their real name is shocking me too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,103 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

There are a couple of contradictions in the instructions when working between the three booklets. Mostly minor but still, they are there. Probably caused by the three pickup days situation causing revisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

I wonder has this issue come up on VFT? The volume of questions there on superintending is astounding. And the number of people giving information that is classified out on a public page under their real name is shocking me too.

The amount of idiots that post on VFT is astounding. Stopped following it a couple of years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

ccazza wrote: »
    The examinations aide will give you the projects which you include with the candidates scripts.

Thanks

What happens to a geography project belonging to a student who doesn’t show up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭gaiscioch

Also a contradiction on Form E.10A, the green booklet with 'Liosta Shíniú d'Iarrthóirí Seachtracha' but the English translation is just 'Signature List for Candidates'. Throughout, the English says "All candidates" but the Irish says "Iarrthóirí seachtracha" (external candidates).

I'm getting each candidate to sign it at each exam, ar eagla na heagla.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Tiredteach

Leftwaffe wrote: »
    Thanks

What happens to a geography project belonging to a student who doesn’t show up?

You include it anyway. They still get that percentage for the project. ( and the assessed grade too).

Tiredteach wrote: »
    You include it anyway. They still get that percentage for the project. ( and the assessed grade too).

Thanks, sorted it this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Tiredteach

gaiscioch wrote: »
    Also a contradiction on Form E.10A, the green booklet with 'Liosta Shíniú d'Iarrthóirí Seachtracha' but the English translation is just 'Signature List for Candidates'. Throughout, the English says "All candidates" but the Irish says "Iarrthóirí seachtracha" (external candidates).

Your right that’s only for externals but good on you for following the mistake :)!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Tiredteach wrote: »

Day to day instructions says to only return coursework if the student has sat the exam or if they have not sat the exam but were listed on the advice list.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,103 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

gaiscioch wrote:

I am too. It's my only real proof of who was there.

Day to day instructions says to only return coursework if the student has sat the exam or if they have not sat the exam but were listed on the advice list.

Ya if they’re on the advice list you send it back regardless of whether they show up or not. If they let not on the advice list hold them in the school.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Enright

Re geography: On the instructions, only accept projects from students actually sitting the exam, extras hand back to the exam aide

Enright wrote: »
    Re geography: On the instructions, only accept projects from students actually sitting the exam, extras hand back to the exam aide

I called this morning and was told by the SEC to send coursework back for students who are listed on the advice list regardless of whether they completed the exam or not.

The superintendents here seemed to have gathered the same info when I relayed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

spurious wrote: »
    I am too. It's my only real proof of who was there.

The centre roll and advice lists track who was present no?

The centre roll and advice lists track who was present no?

The advice lists yes, but this is a signature....just in case.

I think the schools I taught in have made me suspicious and untrusting. I am superintending in a lovely school with super polite children. It's a little bit like the Stepford wives for me that was used to people bringing in hammers and knives.

We had one day where two parents came in and kicked the doors in along the top corridor looking for some young one who had slagged one of their young fellas. I can laugh now, but it was quite scary.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Alex86Eire

What are people doing with the used question papers? I know the unused ones go back into the stationery box. I have a pile of question papers that students used/wrote notes on/highlighted etc that they would have handed up with their answer booklet if they left an exam early.

I'm just wondering what people are doing with theirs. Our coordinator isn't sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Aquals

Once the end of the exam has passed, you can do whatever you like with them at that stage as far as I know.

In the school I'm in, we leave them into the staffroom, as some teachers use the material for future class tests, and the CDs (eg. for Irish) or the aerial photographs (eg. for Geography) come in useful.

Did anyone receive a form where you sign to say that you did the online training etc? Some superintendents in our school received it but most did not!

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Alex86Eire

Aquals wrote: »
    Did anyone receive a form where you sign to say that you did the online training etc? Some superintendents in our school received it but most did not!

Nobody in my centre anyway.

• Advertisement

Got it in my pack and got another when I collected the second batch of papers.

Aquals wrote: »

No, I only got the one that said the box was checked after collection.

Thanks for the replies guys. I phoned them today and they emailed me out the form to print.

There is something missing, for me anyway, every year!!

No, I only got the one that said the box was checked after collection.

Does it not have a line at the top of that one about the training? Colour images on form, three spaces to sign about about checking?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

Does it not have a line at the top of that one about the training? Colour images on form, three spaces to sign about about checking?

Yeah it does!

I have mine posted back, got it signed the first day so didn’t look at it since

They told me to post it back to the financial section with my form of account. But, sure they must be used to various forms coming back in the wrong envelopes etc. They don't exactly make things clear!!

For those that superintend regularly, is there any sort of advance, as there is for examining?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

For those that superintend regularly, is there any sort of advance, as there is for examining?

In the past, there was but that was used to pay the attendant but the school is paying them now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Random sample

There doesn’t seem to be an advance for marking this year either, just FYI!

Advertisement