Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Driveway pebble

Options
  • 16-06-2021 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭

I'm looking at upgrading driveway from a basic grey pebble to 20mm gold (Glenview)

It's circa 700sqm so I suspect I need about 80 ton at a 5cm depth

Current driveway is about 20 years old. A few weeds grow up here and there and I treat twice annually with weed killer.

Would it be possible to go a simple route of scraping off the uncompacted grey pebble and spreading the lite gold to a 5cm depth?

And any idea what price lite gold or similar is for 80ton

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,615 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Where are you based ? And I'd probably just keep the existing pebble if you have room left to compact it. If not you'd have to pull it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

South Kildare

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 33,615 ✭✭✭✭listermint

My local place won't cover there. But I'd recommend Google queries around where you are even use Google maps and phone a few of them. Give them a colour description and they can give you recommendations.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭bfclancy

Darc19 wrote: »
    I'm looking at upgrading driveway from a basic grey pebble to 20mm gold (Glenview)

It's circa 700sqm so I suspect I need about 80 ton at a 5cm depth

Current driveway is about 20 years old. A few weeds grow up here and there and I treat twice annually with weed killer.

Would it be possible to go a simple route of scraping off the uncompacted grey pebble and spreading the lite gold to a 5cm depth?

And any idea what price lite gold or similar is for 80ton

go to local quarry, ask them what they have, quarry near me you can get a 20 ton load for 400, its a colored gravel, there's browns, blues, whites and yellows in it, its not native to the quarry but they get it in from somewhere, if actually going for lite gold will cost you a bomb circa 100 euro a ton

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

bfclancy wrote: »
    go to local quarry, ask them what they have, quarry near me you can get a 20 ton load for 400, its a colored gravel, there's browns, blues, whites and yellows in it, its not native to the quarry but they get it in from somewhere, if actually going for lite gold will cost you a bomb circa 100 euro a ton

Yep, I'd be looking local. It was just to give an idea of the colour going on top of the grey stone.

I'd expect lite gold to be less than €50/ton based on bulk delivery, but planning on Callan stone from N&C in 30t loads

• Advertisement
Advertisement