Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Budget 10-12K (petrol)

• 16-06-2021 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi everyone,

Unfortunately the light of my life has been extinguished. The '99 Yaris that served as my first car and had safely seen me through the last 6 years had her catalytic converter ripped from her undercarriage recently. Savages.

So I'm looking to buy a new car and I could just about stretch the budget to about €12'000 (preferably 10 though). I'll list some need-to-haves below:

• Car has to be petrol. Don't drive enough to justify a diesel.
    • Definitely bigger than a Yaris. Would actually quite like a saloon but a big (well bigger than a Yaris) hatchback would definitely do me.
    • Reliability would be a big factor for me as well. The poor Yaris essentially cost me nothing in repairs overs the years (just some tyres, oil etc.)

My own search keeps bringing me back to the old reliable cohort of Fabia, Fiesta, Octavia, et al. But I suppose my problem is that the cars I'm seeing just don't...excite me?

So along with the need-to-haves, I've one nice-to-have. Something that gets the blood flowing. So please help me out and send your opinions on!

Comments

Advertisement