Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Which would you choose?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,828 ✭✭✭User1998

I’d probably try sell the Octavia privately and then go in as a cash buyer and try get a discount

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

User1998 wrote: »
    I’d probably try sell the Octavia privately and then go in as a cash buyer and try get a discount

Had asked regarding cash discounts, they were non existent. The one in Galway, was 26.5k, so giving me 500 for my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,111 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Used car market is all over the place at the moment, used stock is low due to demand and Brexit so discounts are harder to get. In reality they were giving you nothing for your Octavia. The €500 was the discount from the 330e.

Better off keeping the Octavia out of the deal and sell it privately on donedeal.

Did you see this 330e:
    https://www.carsireland.ie/2822790

or this one:
    https://www.carsireland.ie/2831770

bazz26 wrote: »
    Used car market is all over the place at the moment, used stock is low due to demand and Brexit so discounts are harder to get. In reality they were giving you nothing for your Octavia. The €500 was the discount from the 330e.

Better off keeping the Octavia out of the deal and sell it privately on donedeal.

Did you see this 330e:
    https://www.carsireland.ie/2822790

or this one:
    https://www.carsireland.ie/2831770

Thanks Bazz, appreciate the links. I think I've looked at every 330e available over the past few weeks.

Only downside on both of them, is the wife doesn't like light interiors. And (un)fortunately, I can't trade her in....

Agreed that I'm essentially getting nothing for the Octavia, and they'll recoup some cash by putting it out to trade.

Head is telling me, but the lower mileage car costing 2.5k less. Heart is telling me, I won't be happy knowing I could've gotten one with higher spec.

As long as she is happy with the small boot size in the 330e, it's nowhere near as big as the Octavia's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Browney7

Thanks Bazz, appreciate the links. I think I've looked at every 330e available over the past few weeks.

Only downside on both of them, is the wife doesn't like light interiors. And (un)fortunately, I can't trade her in....

Agreed that I'm essentially getting nothing for the Octavia, and they'll recoup some cash by putting it out to trade.

Head is telling me, but the lower mileage car costing 2.5k less. Heart is telling me, I won't be happy knowing I could've gotten one with higher spec.
    What's the spec differences? Reverse camera is all I can see from the photos. Both look great to be fair. Both UK imports?

bazz26 wrote: »
    As long as she is happy with the small boot size in the 330e, it's nowhere near as big as the Octavia's.

She doesn't drive, so was commenting as a passenger. And yeah, it's mainly just the two of us these days, something about teenagers not wanting to be seen with their parents...so the boot size isn't as big an issue as I thought it would be.

Browney7 wrote: »
    What's the spec differences? Reverse camera is all I can see from the photos. Both look great to be fair. Both UK imports?

Larger infotainment screen, with better resolution, heated seats, and I might be wrong, but it looks like a heads up display.

The only one I'd really like from those is the larger screen. The HUD would be a nice gimmick.

Yeah, it's got the wide screen touchscreen professional infotainment system, backup camera, heated seats and head up display.

At that price point I would go for the higher spec personally. Your buying a luxurious car so get it with all the bells and whistles and don't let the miserable gits here tell you otherwise

• Advertisement
Advertisement