Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish Research Council 2021

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 malanski

Thank you for your reply, WollySheep01. Very valuable information indeed.

I whish the process could be faster, I need to make a decision regarding a job offer in the following days (but I would rather accept IRCs postdoctoral fellowship if they turn to finally make an offer).

I hope they wont take too long.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 IRCseq

This is exactly the information I was hoping to find here. Thank you and congratulations! Hope the Fellowship goes well ��

• Registered Users Posts: 3 WoollySheep01

Glad it was helpful info. Oh yes, and forgot to say that the official start date this year is 01 September and that cannot be changed. I think it used to be October.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 NeoM2020

Hi all, I thought I would share some information for those of you on the reserve list. I've been lucky enough to be offered a 'conditional' award for the IRC postdoc (second time trying!). We've been told we need to have our acceptance letters signed (by us, our mentor, and the university) by 25 June. Then we have until 23 July to get our transcripts/degrees to the IRC. They are extremely finicky about the transcripts and people can be asked to get new transcripts etc. Only then will the person be offered the award formally. So I guess they have quite a process to get through before they start looking at the reserve list. I hope this helps. There will also invariably be some people who will turn down the postdoc because they have secured something else in the meantime. So it is definitely too early to give up hope!
    I would also say not to be disheartened if you don't get it. Every 'failed' application holds the keys to a future successful application. Either this IRC one or another one somewhere else. There is always an element of luck involved too and sometimes it just has to land on the right desk. I'll cross my fingers for you all (and crossing my fingers the IRC don't find some new issues with any of my documentation!).

So has your status been updated to 'award holder' yet? I submitted my documentation more than a week ago but still no change. Getting a bit anxious now with the deadline approaching on Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 5 IRCseq

Hey folks, just thought I'd update the thread that I got a conditional offer today. I was in the STEM reserve list with a score of 89, so other people may hear back soon too. Thanks for the information folks, kept me sane for a few weeks there. Good luck to my fellow reservers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 WoollySheep01

Status is still conditional here too. But the deadline for transcripts not until late July. But yes, it does make one a bit anxious! They really split hairs over one of my transcripts. And then split them again when I got a new one!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 NeoM2020

Status is still conditional here too. But the deadline for transcripts not until late July. But yes, it does make one a bit anxious! They really split hairs over one of my transcripts. And then split them again when I got a new one!

Yeah, same here. Got an unusual email to say there was a discrepancy between my application form and my undergraduate transcript - there was no discrepancy. Form provided the exact date in the format day/month/year, the transcript provided the date format only as month/year :confused: I'm not sure why that would be a problem?

anybody on reserve for postgraduate AHSS finding got a update yet? should i give up hope of a place if i havent heard by now??

any1 know when reserve usually turns unsuccessful? i've got to make a decision on a job soon :(

Hi guys,

For those on the AHSS reserve list that are following this discussion, I have passed from "reserve list" to "conditional offer" two weeks ago. I am sorry for not letting you know before, but I had a limited internet connection at the time.

I am now waiting for my status change from "conditional offer" to "award holder", I am quite anxious as I have already declined two job offers to acept the award. I hope they don't take too long.

Good luck for those who are on the reserve list.

• Advertisement

malanski wrote: »
    Hi guys,

For those on the AHSS reserve list that are following this discussion, I have passed from "reserve list" to "conditional offer" two weeks ago. I am sorry for not letting you know before, but I had a limited internet connection at the time.

I am now waiting for my status change from "conditional offer" to "award holder", I am quite anxious as I have already declined two job offers to acept the award. I hope they don't take too long.

Good luck for those who are on the reserve list.

thanks malanski. can i ask ur score if u don't mind?

i guess i should give up on the reserve list now:(

andylan wrote: »

also ru postdoc or PG?

Sure, no problem. I got 91.5 (Postdoc AHSS).

Good luck!

malanski wrote: »
    Sure, no problem. I got 91.5 (Postdoc AHSS).

Good luck!

thanks, I am AHSS postgrad reserve!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ReserveList

thanks, I am AHSS postgrad reserve!:confused:

Hey, I made an account just to let you know I'm in the same boat - I'm also a postgrad reserve for the AHSS stream. I think the chances are there, but obviously as time passes it seems less and less likely. There's still hope though!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Charioteer

What is the possibility for getting off the reserve list when the score is 0.5 below the threshold for the non EU stem (postgraduate and postdoctoral)?

Post edited by Charioteer on

Advertisement