Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masters Of The Universe: Revelation - Netflix

• 13-05-2021 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60,269 ✭✭✭✭

First look at Kevin Smiths He-Man which drops July 23th.
    In the new series, following a cataclysmic battle between He-Man and Skeletor, Eternia is fractured and the Guardians of Grayskull are scattered. And after decades of secrets tore them apart, it’s up to Teela to reunite the broken band of heroes, and solve the mystery of the missing Sword of Power in a race against time to restore Eternia and prevent the end of the universe.

The voice cast includes Mark Hamill as the evil Skeletor, Sarah Michelle Gellar as Teela, Chris Wood as Prince Adam / He-Man, and Lena Headey as Evil-Lyn. Liam Cunningham, Stephen Root, Diedrich Bader, Henry Rollins, Alicia Silverstone, Justin Long, longtime Smith collaborator Jason Mewes, Phil LaMarr, Tony Todd, Cree Summer, Kevin Michael Richardson and Kevin Conroy also are in the voice cast.

Masters-Of-The-Universe-4.jpg?w=1024
    Masters-Of-The-Universe-3.jpg?w=1024
    Masters-Of-The-Universe-9.jpg?w=1024
    Masters-Of-The-Universe-7.jpg?w=1024
    Masters-Of-The-Universe-8.jpg?w=1024

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,783 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I guess Skeletor will sound like Joker. Teela doesn't look like she would sound like Sarah Michelle Gellar.

Looks like a mix of the original and the recent (2002) remake. Does not feel that long ago.

Glad they didn't go with the She-Ra style. I liked She-Ra but it really wouldn't have suited this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,123 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I guess Skeletor will sound like Joker. Teela doesn't look like she would sound like Sarah Michelle Gellar.

Looks like a mix of the original and the recent (2002) remake. Does not feel that long ago.

Glad they didn't go with the She-Ra style. I liked She-Ra but it really wouldn't have suited this.

That struck me also in regards SMG but glad to see her pop in something.

I guess this is aimed to fill the void left by Castlevania ending. Hopefully it can learn from that series' mistake and tell a tighter story.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,885 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,440 ✭✭✭sioda

Yes 100% yes. Nostalgia level through the roof.

https://www.cbr.com/masters-of-the-universe-kevin-smith-family-friendly/amp/

Sounds like Smith is going for quite a clean presentation. Fine with no sex and cursing anyway, getting around no blood however will be interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,783 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I don't remember much sex and violence in previous versions, and I don't count sexy Teela/Evil-Lyn/Sorceress.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I don't remember much sex and violence in previous versions, and I don't count sexy Teela/Evil-Lyn/Sorceress.

I don't remember much profanity in Castlevania yet it was all over the Netflix show. Things change in adaptations.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Yuh!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,947 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Little disappointed that it's disconnected from She-Ra. I was hoping they would build on that mythos

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I believe there are rights issues - the owners of the He-Man IP don’t own the She-Ra IP so there’s likely messy legal stuff to get through that may not have been worth the effort.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,947 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

chrislad wrote: »
    I believe there are rights issues - the owners of the He-Man IP don’t own the She-Ra IP so there’s likely messy legal stuff to get through that may not have been worth the effort.

Mattel doesn't own both? That's odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,885 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Clever bastards putting that song on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

:eek:

Oh Yeah!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,635 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Is it a film or a series?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,614 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Was gonna say "No Orko, no dice!"... but then...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Is it a film or a series?

Series.

Kevin Smith is the show runner and it is a continuation apparently from the original cartoon.

Netflix also have a second He-Man series in the works. Anime and for adults.

Is there any site that streams the original? And the 2002 reboot?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,837 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

there is a suggestion out there that there is a bait and switch and Teela will be the main character in the second half.

I remember it being ok as a show as a kid, but would have preferred Battle of the Planets for example, not sure I'd want to see any remakes though

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement

silverharp wrote: »
    there is a suggestion out there that there is a bait and switch and Teela will be the main character in the second half.

I remember it being ok as a show as a kid, but would have preferred Battle of the Planets for example, not sure I'd want to see any remakes though

Battle of The Planets was flipping awesome.

Now I need to track that down.

Wasn’t there a live action Japanese movie a few years ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,231 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I spotted Cringer/ Battle cat toys in synths and my 5 year old was wondering why I was so excited.

ted1 wrote: »
    I spotted Cringer/ Battle cat toys in synths and my 5 year old was wondering why I was so excited.

When was that? Are they to go with this show or was it years ago?

I only ever had the He-Man and Skeletor and was always wanting Battle Cat and the purple panther to go with them.

El Rifle wrote: »
    Clever bastards putting that song on it!

I don’t like watching trailers. Spoilers.

What is the song?

Battle of The Planets was flipping awesome.

Now I need to treatment that down.

Wasn’t there a live action Japanese movie a few years ago?

it was good, there is a good YT documentary on the history of the show, it was a retooled Japanese show with some bits taken out and new stuff added.
    I think someone is trying to get it off the ground again

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 12,294 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Is there any site that streams the original? And the 2002 reboot?

youtube has both versions with full episodes

actually there are a lot of those old cartoons up there

this was one of my favourites

silverharp wrote: »
    it was good, there is a good YT documentary on the history of the show, it was a retooled Japanese show with some bits taken out and new stuff added.
    I think someone is trying to get it off the ground again

Have you seen the movie? Or are you just saying the show was good?

Yes the original Japanese was Gatchaman (plus something about science ninjas).
    I know the version we got different and was told the original was quite violent and adult but I’m not sure about that - I think it was just considered too complicated for kids.

I would like to see the live action action movie (and plenty of other Japanese, Korean, Chinese stuff) but the only option I know of is blu-ray and I simply haven’t had the space for disks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,614 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Skerries wrote: »

YouTube is a gold mine... I just happened to recently discover my (now) favourite channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWLaMmU4_8YF_dNSqcRGk8g/videos

Just leave that running on all day on the TV... it's like reliving the good ol days

Thank you.

I’ve never seen that Star Fleet show before - 18 seconds in when the two guys are saluting it looks like the ginger puppet is doing a cock a snook. (Just learned it is called that))

• Advertisement

is that the one that has space ship that looks like an old sailing ship? if so just answered a "name that show" where I only had the slightest of memories but remember it as a great Sat morning show back in the day

Advertisement