Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Post HSE attack, outpatients?

• 13-06-2021 9:51pm

Hello,

Advice changing day to day based on impact of cyber attack. Are people being contacted or can you assume no contact no appointment? Fyi - Have been in touch with the hospital, they said its day by day as to what appointments will go ahead.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭LucyBliss

I was supposed to have a gastro outpatients review by phone two weeks ago and I was sent a text two days beforehand to say that it had been cancelled and that I'd get a new appointment. I haven't gotten a new appointment which is no surprise but as I'm not in the bad way I was six months ago, I'm okay to wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

You mean UHG outpatients. NUI Galway is a University.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I can wait for my new appointment, I would much prefer that triage patients in more need get their appointments first.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Title changed.

Yyhhuuu wrote: »
    You mean UHG outpatients. NUI Galway is a University.

Used to be called university college hospital galway, changed to university hospital galway. Sorry if this was too confusing for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,517 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Bredabe wrote: »
    I can wait for my new appointment, I would much prefer that triage patients in more need get their appointments first.

They might be already doing that ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Bredabe

They might be already doing that ...

I would hope, but I hear things that make me think its either too slow or not happening at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭LucyBliss

LucyBliss wrote: »
    I was supposed to have a gastro outpatients review by phone two weeks ago and I was sent a text two days beforehand to say that it had been cancelled and that I'd get a new appointment. I haven't gotten a new appointment which is no surprise but as I'm not in the bad way I was six months ago, I'm okay to wait.

Update on this, I got an appointment in the post this morning for next week and it’s a face to face one at the clinic.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

Sunnyspot wrote: »
    Used to be called university college hospital galway, changed to university hospital galway. Sorry if this was too confusing for you.

The title was was referred to as "nuig outpatients" which is a University not a hospital.You didn't say UCHG outpatients( which was the hospital's former name which I wouldn't have a problem with). you will find I was not confused at all but perhaps you were the one confused. Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Is blood testing back up and running as normal? Are GPs able to send blood in for testing yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 1BDI

Is blood testing back up and running as normal? Are GPs able to send blood in for testing yet?

In my experience, yes they are.

Advertisement