Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2016-2017 Mondeo

• 14-06-2021 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    thinking about getting a Mondeo seems to be plenty around. Anything to look out for specifically on these?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,381 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I’d get the 2.0 as opposed to the 1.5, which really struggles with the bulk of the Mondeo.

Also try and get one with the automatic handbrake, as the switch on the pre-2018 ones is on the passenger side and is awkward to use.

There are different versions of infotainment on them too, so make sure you’re aware of them as they are not all equal!

I think unless your going for a titanium or titanium x spec the Skoda Superb is worthy of considering. The style and zetec specs of Ford are extremely dull and basic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

(2017) Watch out for EGR Valve - seems to give issue regularly(higher mileage) & is specifically excluded from many 3rd Party warranties

Expensive to replace from Ford (if not covered under your warranty - 700+).

Also the coolant cap is a weak point & easily breaks

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Confirmed!)

• Registered Users Posts: 73,381 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I think unless your going for a titanium or titanium x spec the Skoda Superb is worthy of considering. The style and zetec specs of Ford are extremely dull and basic

That’s true. The Zetec models have some weird spec omissions like auto lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,469 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

colm_mcm wrote: »
    That’s true. The Zetec models have some weird spec omissions like auto lights.

Not to mention the comically small screen....

79630570568149f9b1fdac94e88ad1a2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Irishder

Not to mention the comically small screen....

79630570568149f9b1fdac94e88ad1a2.jpg

lol i saw that, whilst others have what looks like a fine display.

There's loads for sale but not many with a good spec and reasonable mileage

• Registered Users Posts: 11,469 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Irishder wrote: »
    lol i saw that, whilst others have what looks like a fine display.

There's loads for sale but not many with a good spec and reasonable mileage

Titanium ,ST Line and Vignale trims have the large touchscreen
    I'm open to correction on this, but if I remember correctly, Irish models got the Sony audio whereas UK models didn't have it.

fba5040570d84375bae9acef93edeef5.jpg

4fcc2467b2104de3b8941671da4c21a8.jpg

Thanks all, going to pull the trigger today on a 2017 2.0 TITANIUM ECONETIC TDCI 75K miles, UK import. Done the background check all seems good.

On aside note price of 2nd hand cars is gone nuts, paying 18K for it

Have you a link to the car? That's serious money for a 2017 Mondeo you'd get into a 16 A4/ 320D for that money.

Have you a link to the car? That's serious money for a 2017 Mondeo you'd get into a 16 A4/ 320D for that money.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars/Ford/Mondeo/2017?fuelType=Diesel&bodyType=Hatchback&engine_from=1.9&engine_to=2.1

Dont have a link to the specific car, but thats the kind of money they are going for. Hard to find one with decent milage

• Advertisement

Where's the car? Can you not link to the garages website

Advertisement