Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bye Bye Bibi (Netanyahu officially ousted as Israel PM)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Genre..

What’s the big issue with him? I still can’t see a problem with any country defending their territory.

Here we go

Genre.. wrote: »
    Here we go

No, it was a genuine question as I haven’t paid any attention to the whole recent Palestine movement in the media or anything. I’ve deleted it now as I gather there’s only one side of this one is allowed to fall. Carry on, I’ll go back to happy oblivion.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,197 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

He's a horrible bastard who should be rotting in jail.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Expect nothing to change ....

Not in Israel or Palestine there little or no appatite to change anything inside Israel or elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Northernlily

An absolute tyrant. Good riddance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,947 ✭✭✭Odhinn

No, it was a genuine question ..........

He's not defending his territory when hes building colonies outside his countrys legally recognised borders.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,816 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

You love to see it

Will Bibi get behind Donald for his 2024 presidential bid?
    Thread on Trumps post presidential life is entertaining enough though.

Overheal wrote: »
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/middle_east/netanyahu-out-israel-prime-minister/2021/06/13/eaac2738-c9e8-11eb-8708-64991f2acf28_story.html

I don’t know that his successor will be any better or not measurably worse but this marks a big new chapter in Israel, and ultimately Palestine and the rest of the region. I don’t know what all will be in store for us.

The hope is that the other coalition members will prevent the new guy running amok. It's hard to imagine an 8 party coalition being long lived though.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,396 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Great to see the back of him, hopefully he rots in jail but I don't hold out too much h hope of that happening.

Unfortunately for the Palestinian people it will probably be the same as before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Right-wing nationalist Naftali Bennett has been sworn in as prime minister, leading a "government of change".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

From what I read the new coalition government is composed of far right and left leaning parties. Surely that wont hold itself together

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

this will surely bring well reasoned compromise to the region.

off to the bookies to back a new era of peace. hurray.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

He instigated that last bloodbath on purpose because he knew his time was up and he hoped that would by him more time and support . He's a sick and twisted individual

Hamas shot first.

On topic, Bibi has been leading Israel a very long time. Some new blood is needed, although it's not certain what that will mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss

• Registered Users Posts: 25,396 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

biko wrote: »
    Hamas shot first.

Change the record ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

biko wrote: »
    On topic, Bibi has been leading Israel a very long time. Some new blood is needed, although it's not certain what that will mean.

It will mean he gets to have ‘the benefit of the doubt’ and is not held responsible for Bibis crimes while committing those same crimes himself

Naftali Bennett will lead a government that will include left-wing and centrist parties so anything is possible I suppose.
    It's unlikely he will back down on West Bank.
    We'll see I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

They just need to hold it together long enough for the corruption charges Bibi has been running from the last few years to finally catch up on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭ulster

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/middle_east/netanyahu-out-israel-prime-minister/2021/06/13/eaac2738-c9e8-11eb-8708-64991f2acf28_story.html

I don’t know that his successor will be any better or not measurably worse but this marks a big new chapter in Israel, and ultimately Palestine and the rest of the region. I don’t know what all will be in store for us.

Well there won't be anything in store for Ireland. Israel's thousands of kilometres away.

Is my reading of this right though?

The new lad taking over is in a right wing party, and Benji is remaining leader of his right wing party and will be the opposition?

the dunne wrote: »

The new lad taking over is in a right wing party, and Benji is remaining leader of his right wing party and will be the opposition?

Essentially, yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Isn't this new dude Irish?

No, thats the president of Israel. Isaac Herzog.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Yep and the new coalition government has 60 seats while Netanyahu's opposition has 59 seats. Coalition consists of right wing, left wing and Arab party's

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Something like 13 parties won seats, so there's going to be quite a few left and right wing parties (and I'm not sure then how they classify the arabic parties within that)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,781 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

No. The President Elect of Israel, Herzog, is the son of an Irish born and raised Jew, himself a former President of Israel.

The President is much like Michael D Higgins is here, an Head of State with some constitutional functions.

The new Prime Minister Bennett, was born and raised in Israel.

• Advertisement

One wanker replaced by another.

Advertisement