Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling gear?

• 12-06-2021 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

Hi,

Could anyone recommend a shop(s) in Dublin city centre that have a good selection of cycling clothing? save me aimlessly walking around like I normally do:)

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭rolling boh

have you looked at penny farthing website shop in wexford street had a bit last time was there seems with so much on line buying shops seem to have smaller stock held than before .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

If you can manage it, take the bus out to the Cycle Superstore in Tallaght. Decent range in store. It might take an hour or two more out of your day but it'd probably be worth it. Check prices and range online before you go to make sure it's what you're looking for.

No bus stops on Airton Road but any bus that stops on Greenhills Road or Belgard Road would get you within a few hundred metres. If you don't mind walking a little more then any bus to The Square or Tallaght Village will do.

Better still - cycle. You can bring your bike inside.

Was out in cycle superstore today decent amount in comparison to other stores range of shoes was limited since my last visit . Overall likely to have the most choice but not as vast as before I feel .

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭HAMMERCURRENT

Thanks Guys,

I was unsuccessful at getting anything in the city centre, the only shop that had a small selection was sports direct, I agree that its mainly online for cycling clothing, I'll give cycle superstore in Tallaght a go when I get chance.

not sure what your budget is so check out website as the stuff in cycle superstore is generally good brands so not that cheap also online chain reaction cycle usually have a good selection and for me have delivered quickly .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Thanks Guys,

I was unsuccessful at getting anything in the city centre, the only shop that had a small selection was sports direct, I agree that its mainly online for cycling clothing, I'll give cycle superstore in Tallaght a go when I get chance.

Avoid Sports Direct, they seem to only sell Muddy Fox gear which is cheap, ill fitting, poorly made rubbish at best.

is the stock in decathlon ballymun any good have a look there

• Registered Users Posts: 7,770 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

is the stock in decathlon ballymun any good have a look there

Decathlon are grand for fleeces, snoods, socks basic tools etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Decathlon are grand for fleeces, snoods, socks basic tools etc.

Was there today, seems to be plenty of clothing and shoes but there has been a massive clear out of bikes since the last time I was there.

Advertisement