Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Jarmet sprayer problem

• 20-05-2018 9:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭

I know there was a couple of old threads but didn't want to dig them up again. Took the sprayer out yesterday for first time this year. However when I went out in field and turned on the Pto there was a rocking noise.

Couldn't build up pressure to actually spray. However when I let it tick over and drive at another 2-3 mph it will spray.

Any thoughts in what's wrong with pump

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

sea12 wrote: »
    I know there was a couple of old threads but didn't want to dig them up again. Took the sprayer out yesterday for first time this year. However when I went out in field and turned on the Pto there was a rocking noise.

Couldn't build up pressure to actually spray. However when I let it tick over and drive at another 2-3 mph it will spray.

Any thoughts in what's wrong with pump

Have you the agitator left on in it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

Have you the agitator left on in it?

No turned that off.

No turned that off.

Is there any sign of any leaks or the stuff from the tank mixing with the oil in the pump.

Is there any sign of any leaks or the stuff from the tank mixing with the oil in the pump.

No signs of any leaks.

No signs of any leaks.

The pumps are simple enough in them. There's three diaphragms in them. One on either side and one on the top underneath the air valve. The two either side are doing the pumping and keeping the oil/tank mix for mixing and the one on top is to pressurise the pump as far as I know. I don't think there is much else to go wrong with the pumps really...

• Advertisement

The pumps are simple enough in them. There's three diaphragms in them. One on either side and one on the top underneath the air valve. The two either side are doing the pumping and keeping the oil/tank mix for mixing and the one on top is to pressurise the pump as far as I know. I don't think there is much else to go wrong with the pumps really...

Ok cheers limestone I'll have a look at these

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Paulmcquin

I have have Jar Met sprayer and there is no pressure, the oil itself is moving but after that there is nothing else happening. It was used once previous less then a month ago and it was working perfectly. I got it new. Any advice welcome .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭hopeso

Paulmcquin wrote: »
    I have have Jar Met sprayer and there is no pressure, the oil itself is moving but after that there is nothing else happening. It was used once previous less then a month ago and it was working perfectly. I got it new. Any advice welcome .

Maybe a bit obvious, but are you sure everything is set correctly? Are the three section control levers in the spray position? Likewise the main control lever. And of course that the pressure control knob is screwed in enough....The only other valves to check would be the one for opening the rinse tank and the self fill valve.
    After that, check for a loose or cracked pipe. Probably need to call the dealer if none of that solves it....

Advertisement