Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

25 today they said, sunny they said

• 13-06-2021 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭

Hottest day of the year they said

Lock this forum.

Its a joke

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

FFVII wrote: »
    Hottest day of the year they said

Lock this forum.

Its a joke

I agree. I'm currently standing in my shower with the light off. Absolutely soaked, cold and dark.

Whereabouts are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭compsys

Wall-to-wall sunshine the length and breadth of the country was never forecast unfortunately.

Also, as I say every single summer, cloud cover is notoriously difficult to forecast correctly in Ireland, particularly under high pressure conditions. However by Friday several models had begun to pick up on today being cloudy in many areas for a time.

In Dublin at least, you're as likely to get sunshine in summer under low pressure as you are under high pressure.

Some of the nicest days in Dublin are when there's low pressure just off the Atlantic coast, showers out west but not reaching far inland, and a south or south west breeze, when temps around 20º or a touch more are common.

When there's high pressure coastal areas are often plagued by sea fog, a cold sea breeze - or as with today - half the country can magically get stuck under a bank of cloud.

Where I am in Dun Laoghaire it's now partly cloudy and about 22º. We've barely seen rain in two weeks and temps have been just under 20º most days in June. Better than last year at least!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,677 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Hopefully the sun will poke through in the next hour or so but with all this cloud I think 25/26C is off the table.

22C here despite the low hanging cloud. If we were to get even an hour of sunshine the temperature would easily make it to 24C.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭YellowLead

Yeah but if you checked the ACTUAL forecast for your specific region, on your phone for example it would have shown warm but cloudy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

In Sligo today helping out on my fathers farm and the sun was glorious. I had to stay in shade after a while. I have no idea what the OP is on about, unless its possible that you can have different weather in different parts of the country?!?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭fits

Fabulous here. Beach yesterday. Paddlin pool and bbq today

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭KaneToad

It's warm and dry today. I love it. I'm not a fan of intense sunshine.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭subpar

The forecast for a heatwave has been inaccurate all week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Thankfully as a Pm north westerly arrives mid week we'll see an end to this vile weather with more in the way of sunshine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Over 23c in Laois and the clouds are parting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭compsys

subpar wrote: »
    The forecast for a heatwave has been inaccurate all week.

The only ones forecasting a heatwave were the tabloids and everyone should know better than to listen to them...

The thermostat in my living room at the moment says 24 degrees and thats with the patio doors open and a fast ceiling fan on.

It may not be sunny but its a dead heat. I hate it.

(Dublin).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

23° in Brittas Bay

• Registered Users Posts: 26,897 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Danno wrote: »
    Over 23c in Laois and the clouds are parting

I'm in slieve bloom mountains, very cloudy, muggy and no sunshine yet, its threatening but just acting the B******, so much for mini heat wave unless they we're referring to, warm & sticky :)

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

OmegaGene wrote: »
    blue sky and 24 in cork
    fabulous weather

i second that - a stunning day here :)

Sitting on the quay in Dungarvan. May as well be Monaco :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,010 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

At least we won't have to hear the ridiculous " it's hotter than in the Canaries"

• Registered Users Posts: 22,881 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Sky gone a bit dark in Galway, dry and a nice southerly

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭2 fast

24degrees here and it's unreal no clouds in sky!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭jrosen

Kildare and its ****. Overcast, have not seen a glimpse of sky and its just stuffy and warm. Horrible weather.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,096 ✭✭✭pad199207

2-C69-B6-E5-05-E3-4374-8-F57-1-C5-EC8-A3-E71-D.jpg

Gone over 24c in south Laois. Partly cloudy in a light SWly breeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Grey all day, currently 16 degrees in Galway City. At least it's dry - you have to be thankful for small mercies.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,881 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Grey all day, currently 16 degrees in Galway City. At least it's dry - you have to be thankful for small mercies.
    Suncream bottle remains tightly fastened. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭CirrusBusiness

25.2 degrees outside Hackettstown, co. Carlow earlier according to the garmin. 24 degrees at home. Very pleasant, warm day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Fantastic day in Cork again today.. Been sitting out in the back garden all day. June has been great so far

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭King of Spades

Dry, cloudy and warm in Meath. I was hoping for sunshine but it’s still really pleasant.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭secman

Wall to wall sunshine here in Ballygarrett Wexford, probably close to 24° scorcher of a day.
    100km on the bike has me horloxed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

secman wrote: »
    Wall to wall sunshine here in Ballygarrett Wexford, probably close to 24° scorcher of a day.
    100km on the bike has me horloxed :)

24.6 average from the three sensors in the shade here in S Wexford. Your internal thermometer is bang on.

I'm also hoping for my second perfect solar curve since the PV array was installed in September last.

• Advertisement

Gone through the 25c mark in Durrow

Advertisement