Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Daihatsu copen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Rrrrrr2

Daihatsu always had a great name for reliability. They’re part of Toyota. The Copen specifically I don’t know of any issues

• Registered Users Posts: 1 seanie248

I had one of these for a while. Great, fun car to drive. Even on motorways, no problem at 120Kph.
    Amazing how much is in these, AirCon, heated seats, electronic boot latch etc.
    2 things you need to watch out for though,

They tend to rust on the arches and sills, so make sure you get it up on a ramp before you buy and check it fully. If you are handy with a bit of welding and filler, its something you could tackle yourself, and use rust treat on any surface rust spots.

Second, the oil filter is hard to get in/out, so its often not changed during a service. Apparently, there are a few mill in the difference in size between the original dealer one, and the spurious ones and its so tight in the engine bay. Make sure you check that and see does it look like its been there since day one. Its not impossible to change, just time consuming.

Probably will find some parts hard to get down the line, but i think the prices of these will be going up.

Advertisement