Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2021 General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭Mimon

snowgal wrote: »
    Yea we deffo live in different paths gonzo! Lashing here near Trim and looks to headed your way?!

Is there some sort of microclimate around Trim? Someone I know who lives there had a big cloud over them one day when I was 25km away basking in the heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭pauldry

damp drizzly here, even the clouds are eclipsed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Very warm in Dublin...however the wind has picked up big time in the last hour. Been a great few days here though...long may it continue

• Registered Users Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭appledrop

God almighty you have been really unlucky in other parts of country.

I'm starting to feel bad posting about the nice weather in Dublin!

June has been good to us so far with nearly every day hitting 20 degrees or more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭OldRio

Just the normal here in Leitrim. Rain and cloud. Desperate stuff indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Dull, wet and with 100% humidity in Castlebar, we have only had one dry day since the start of June, I feel bad for the kids having their sports day this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,571 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I know most of you can't see the sun so it wont matter but for those of us in Dublin there's some kind of solar eclipse about to start

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/science/space/partial-solar-eclipse-when-where-and-how-to-watch-it-1.4589480

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭corcaigh1

Drizzling here in cork, f*ck this sh*t :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,055 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Disgusting day. Dull, grey and drizzling. East Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

I know most of you can't see the sun so it wont matter but for those of us in Dublin there's some kind of solar eclipse about to start

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/science/space/partial-solar-eclipse-when-where-and-how-to-watch-it-1.4589480

Yes I can see it here in Co. Sligo through the thinner cloud every few minutes, quite impressive.

• Advertisement

What time does it end at (the eclipse not the rain) as sky trying to brighten here

sun came out for literally 5 seconds but camera on timer so was in clouds by time it took pic

Now lashing again jeez

pauldry wrote: »
    What time does it end at (the eclipse not the rain) as sky trying to brighten here

I think 1230!
    Been mostly cloudy in Dublin and it's really windy now, sun isn't showing much where I am. Sunday looks like it might actually be sunny for the whole day, fingers crossed.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,677 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

very windy here in Meath too with fast moving clouds, a fair deal of sunshine, temperature 20C. You can tell we are too near the Atlantic influence for comfort.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭esposito

Gonzo wrote: »
    very windy here in Meath too with fast moving clouds, a fair deal of sunshine, temperature 20C. You can tell we are too near the Atlantic influence for comfort.

Quite windy here too. At least it’s warm. Such a pity the Atlantic nearly always has to make its presence felt

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,677 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

esposito wrote: »
    Quite windy here too. At least it’s warm. Such a pity the Atlantic nearly always has to make its presence felt

and unfortunately the Atlantic is going to be unleashed with a very swift end to the warm temperatures and dry weather. By this time next week Ireland, UK and France will be significantly cooler with conditions more similar to what we had during May. Make the most of the weekend as the Atlantic will be back with regular bouts of wind, rain and cool temperatures during next week and beyond.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭mcburns07

I'd take fresh Atlantic weather if it came in the form of sunshine and showers, over this persistent gloom.

Really windy in Dublin, stuff blowing around the back of house etc! Hardly any sun. Disappointed as I thought this was going to be the nicest day of this warmer spell but it's been a total let down.

Really windy in Dublin, stuff blowing around the back of house etc! Hardly any sun. Disappointed as I thought this was going to be the nicest day of this warmer spell but it's been a total let down.

Today hasn't gone to plan at all, I was expecting this tomorrow but not today. The Atlantic has edged in further east and south than expected. Temperatures back down to 19C here now after reaching 20C a few hours ago. Very cloudy too and even felt a few spits of drizzle in the wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Humid and dull in Galway yet again but a fair stiff breeze offsetting that sticky feel somewhat so not what you would call an unpleasant day at all. Remarkable dull June so far though it has to be said. Even in the incredibly dull summer of last year, June itself proved to be very sunny up until about the last week of it.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

It has brightened quite nicely in Castlebar, close to 18C and blue skies now which is a big change from this morning.

• Advertisement

Was rainy n misty for duration of eclipse with a bit of brightness at the very end at 1220.

Now sunny and stormy.

Rub it in weather

a mixture of warm sunny spells and cloud here in Meath, far too windy to be enjoyable. 22C, very sticky and humid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭purple hands

Tis fierce close in D6W

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Gonzo wrote: »
    ...very sticky and humid.

Same in Dublin 16. Sweatin' buckets! 21.4c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,811 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

14.7c in Cork with mist, drizzle and fog. Havent seen the sun for the past three days.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Arturo Delgado

Nice and humid for the next couple of days. The future charts though are a horror show. Low pressure stubbornly parked over these islands. Dull wet grim weather . Looks like 2007 actually. So I hope that doesn't happen.

Sunday's looking great so far, please please don't ruin it with cloud give us one last hurrah before the standard 14c and unsettled year round weather comes back

• Registered Users Posts: 18,055 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Manky day in east Cork. Dull and grey all day. Continuous slate grey skies would put a serious downer on you. :( Praying the weekend lives up to the forecasts of sun and warmth

• Registered Users Posts: 9,603 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Humid and dull in Galway yet again but a fair stiff breeze offsetting that sticky feel somewhat so not what you would call an unpleasant day at all. Remarkable dull June so far though it has to be said. Even in the incredibly dull summer of last year, June itself proved to be very sunny up until about the last week of it.

The East was like that all "summer" last year. West getting a dose of that the past few weeks

• Advertisement

West looks like getting cloud even on hot Sunday.

17 to 26c could be temps Sunday

Then it's all downhill until July and we never went uphill.

Even today is as windy as some of the so called wind events

Advertisement