Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

YouTube account

Options
  • 05-06-2021 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

How's things.
    Not into this tech crack atal but looking for a bit of help.
    Now normally keyboard warriors don't get to me. Infact most of the time I play along with them. But this account commented on a old video on YouTube and it got to me. Very personal topic. Now it's killing me to find out whose responsible. Is there any way of tracking an IP address or anything like that? The profile was only made back in November. And nothing else on it. No subscriptions no videos etc etc.
    I'd appreciate any help. Even willing to revolut someone afew bob if they help. Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Hi there.
    Basically it works like this:
    Only YouTube could see their ip address. But even if you had his ip address it would only give you a broad location and Internet service provider. Eg, dublin and virgin media or clondalkin virgin media.

How the police find people through ip addresses is by going to virgin meida for example with a court order and they would reveal name and address.

So you're out of luck :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭pah

boxermad wrote: »
    So there's no dodgy way around it? Even if I was to pay a hacker?

To what end?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,764 ✭✭✭con747

Not sure how the law would see that, hiring a hacker.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭Jeff2

con747 wrote: »
    Not sure how the law would see that, hiring a hacker.

It's actually very ease.

You post your email address and ask them to reply then check their email account.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,617 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Jeff2 wrote: »
    It's actually very ease.

You post your email address and ask them to reply then check their email account.

Which is likely to be nothing of any use to you in tracking them either. Plus its likely a thrown-away throwaway account in the first place.

There is nothing that "paying a hacker" can do to trace a single anon youtube commenter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn

L1011 wrote: »
    Which is likely to be nothing of any use to you in tracking them either. Plus its likely a thrown-away throwaway account in the first place.

There is nothing that "paying a hacker" can do to trace a single anon youtube commenter.

Google will have the account and account info plus a history of IP address.

Unless they have done something illegal and the police get involved to get this information your not getting it. Doubt police would give it to you as that's how murders,assaults and paperwork happen.

The police then request from the internet service providers for the details of the person using that IP at the time.

This all gets harder cross jurisdiction UK India Africa Mongolia....

So in short no. Not by IP which you don't have.

Fyi it's YouTube almost all comments are toxic.

Advertisement