Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bargain Frameset Dolan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Two of my chain gang members have Prefissios as their winter bikes.
    One has his about ten years.
    Bombproof, comfortable, easy to work on, cheap, will take 28mm tyres, mudguard mounts, good paintwork and great value.
    Not light.
    At that price range, I don't think there's much out there to match it.
    C.R.C. have a Brand X aluminium frameset for 249 euro, but only available in 56cms,
    but it doesn't include seat post or headset.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Can't add any more than the above post. Don't own one myself but know a couple of people with them and they are more than happy with them. I'm thinking of getting one for my winter/commuter bike myself

• Registered Users Posts: 9,116 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

What'd be the total coming from the UK?

They have a Brexit FAQ - https://www.dolan-bikes.com/brexit-information/

It's £279.98 without the UK VAT (including delivery), but then you add:

+23% IE VAT = +£64.40
    +4% import duty on frameset-wheels-components = +£11.20
    +4% DHL handling charge = +£11.20

~£366.78 / €426.23?

Not sure if the percentages are worked out on the original price + delivery or if they accumulate as they're added.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭barleyman

I have one about 8 years as my winter bike.

They are bombproof, take decent width tyres, mudguards and are very comfortable.

As far as i can remember Dolan normally do a special during the tour de france each year so i would wait. Usually 10/15% discount.

Mightn't happen this year though the way the market is but who knows....

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭f1000

preffisio-main.png

lovely colour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I'm not sure if Decathlon was in Ireland early enough for there to be many of these around, but the B'Twin Triban 540 is the ultimate winter bike in my opinion. I picked mine up for 300€ as an almost unused B2W job (they were only 7-800€) new

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭flatface

rcklap wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

Been a while since I've looked at Dolan but £299 for a Frameset seems a bargain, any opinions on this?

https://www.dolan-bikes.com/dolan-preffisio-aluminium-road--frameset/

I have one, built it up with parts of the last bike. I took it out for a group ride recently instead of my canyon ultimate and it made surprisingly little difference. It’s nice and aggressive geometry

Advertisement