Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

America: The Motion Picture [Netflix]

Options
  • 08-06-2021 12:28pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭

This could be either hilariously subversive or accidentally, obnoxiously jingoistic - or just plain garbage but I'm intrigued if nothing else. Directed by a producer of Archer, and is produced by Lord & Miller so there's some chance it won't completely miss its mark. The writer's CV isn't exactly bursting with comedy scripts mind you (his first credit was 2005's Doom, yikes)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

its like a cut scene from American Dad, looks like something that might have been edgy in the 90's or early 2000's , I would have thought that style of humour is played out

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 33,014 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

silverharp wrote: »
    its like a cut scene from American Dad, looks like something that might have been edgy in the 90's or early 2000's , I would have thought that style of humour is played out

Yeah, was thinking Team America myself. Could really go either way.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

At first I thought it was Brock from Venture Bros.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Yester

I watched the first ten minutes and wasn't enjoying. Does it get any better?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Yester wrote: »
    I watched the first ten minutes and wasn't enjoying. Does it get any better?

If you didn't like the first 10, you prob won't enjoy the rest. Similar brand of comedy and insanity.

I liked it. It's very stupid a lot of the time, but it knows it too. Plenty of references and nods, got the laughs I wanted from it.

🤪

• Advertisement
Advertisement