Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Euro 2020 fantasy league

Comments

thunderdog wrote: »
    I’m sure many of us are taking a break from fantasy football over the summer, but for those who are looking into the official euros fantasy game, I have setup a boards league.

Link:
    https://gaming.uefa.com/en/uefaeuro2020fantasyfootball/leagues/14MHTKUI01/0042006F00610072006400730020004500750072006F0020006C00650061006700750065/Thunderdog

League code: 14MHTKUI01

Now to figure out the rules/potential strategies!

Thanks thunderdog.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,587 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Was looking at the rules of the UEFA one last night. During a 'matchday' (a round of fixtures over 3-5 days) if a player doesnt score many points you can sub in one of your bench in the hope that they do. You can also sub in a new captain in a round of fixtures. So you can pick a captain in game 1, see how he does and if youre happy with his points hold on to them, if not choose another captain for the following nights game and the night after if he doesnt perform and so on.

The 'Limitless' chip is interesting, is like a free hit except you can spend as much as you like on transfers over the £100m budget. Theres a wildcard chip there too which I presume is best used after the group stages have finished and half the teams are knocked out. Other than that there are 2 free transfers in every round.

Im not sure if I'll play it yet, probably will but not in a hurry to sign up yet. For those playing it seems very active gameplay, with games coming thick and fast and the ability to sub in non-performing players and captains you'll have to have your head in it making new decisions every day for all of the group stages which lasts 12 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Was looking at the rules of the UEFA one last night. During a 'matchday' (a round of fixtures over 3-5 days) if a player doesnt score many points you can sub in one of your bench in the hope that they do. You can also sub in a new captain in a round of fixtures. So you can pick a captain in game 1, see how he does and if youre happy with his points hold on to them, if not choose another captain for the following nights game and the night after if he doesnt perform and so on.

The 'Limitless' chip is interesting, is like a free hit except you can spend as much as you like on transfers over the £100m budget. Theres a wildcard chip there too which I presume is best used after the group stages have finished and half the teams are knocked out. Other than that there are 2 free transfers in every round.

Im not sure if I'll play it yet, probably will but not in a hurry to sign up yet. For those playing it seems very active gameplay, with games coming thick and fast and the ability to sub in non-performing players and captains you'll have to have your head in it making new decisions every day for all of the group stages which lasts 12 days.

I like the format, it's the same/similar to last one with the subbing players in and out rule. It just adds a bit of extra fun to watching the games. I will sign up to that boards league next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I always like that structure I'll be in. I really hope they try ufpl again one day.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Think i'm set to go with this:

How are our teams looking?

h-gBQMh8NsmML_DGTZsCQJ4XKrKaUw_IFxGQv5EIpYoE4WSj_NEuip_pMTEeBjBKIuoFoWuBFV3zQSZFxQxY_U6QndbJbzmhuC8b3IVtPj7x_LScvX5zhbD0X_A_nw94GJ_tzKsziG_sCtHQ9fR3P30intoTxqLFRcuLoH1l-Nr2L6olfcRqw0uEp1w2KD1pjYj0AzxzbGX8LsDnNf366i7ngMsGanLh7AlW0Sb7FzT-hvpoCgWByPZD2LMDLBfWNfUyL9GLaRuxTtoiaNCwakmECrjJHtrSTSny-fTqsEgJ6oKZ9k8FVbxuRrmBFmOr92vdnCDJwIK6eoSjcePSUiD3PvQUlNSB-nG_Qfpx_cTqaA72Pu8GcRL3PgzAx6rXdNp9N3AyXs8yXYim9HdoX4_qvFdDnyd9jiZzwD82oKZfcNgbAPpv1a8tTNPyXWH3XdcvhaYs6sN5yC_iyF5fMvUMrfqXW_sUlyEgxO_mZC4GFwVs-K0EbUOCA2FJvM2ikZ7APe5Dvnd1SlunjQJSbKXmgwCtRiGNoYTy3QZM1fOSH2BCohW4oBJm3CS8xes4KomnSqyKHm6ItgrjBemz-I0FOAL2EjRlszbv-A_V85MwVDV593tm8h4Vok7DP4_UwOegRvzWkoGJqgyzBCOjpmG6FhuuT_O_3YhuWzonqH_zJcrlHLHRYn7Ir9VrgmvKxoRMcYRGRAkme20uxoyllSSm=w566-h497-no?authuser=0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,587 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Currently sitting on
    Krul
    Pavard P.Torres Mendes Kjear
    Hazard Erikisen Klassen
    Mbappe Lukaku Arnautovic

Hradecky Wijndal Yazici Malinovskyi

Not sure on Krul yet as he might not be starting and I think Arnautovic might get dropped too but its hard to find starters at his price of 7m, only really Benteke and DCL are available but they're likely on the bench.

Kane has the highest forwards ownership with 43% so far. Im wondering are people overlooking Benzema on only 10%, even though its the 'group of death' I fancy France to beat both Germany and Hungary with ease.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,601 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I'd say I will probably run a 10 person league, 25 each, 200 for 1st, 50 for 2nd.

I haven't even done my team yet, but would people have an interest in that if I did?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

CSF wrote: »
    I'd say I will probably run a 10 person league, 25 each, 200 for 1st, 50 for 2nd.

I haven't even done my team yet, but would people have an interest in that if I did?

Yep I’d be in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭Xander10

INterested

Looking kinda low on interest I think, maybe will pick up closer to the day

• Advertisement

Looking kinda low on interest I think, maybe will pick up closer to the day

I'd be up for it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭St. Lupulin

I'm up for that, hopefully we can run it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

I’ve a friend not on boards who’d join as well if we are looking to bump up the numbers.

Ok, I think that would be 7, so that’s a start to work with.

I’ll sign up to the game and create a league and we can sort out PayPal or Revolut payments over the next 3 days (can’t do bank transfer)

Ok, league is setup and autofill team there and waiting to be tinkered with

PM me to arrange Revolut or Paypal payment and I will send league code once received

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Hackers

Will give this a go too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Ok, league is setup and autofill team there and waiting to be tinkered with

PM me to arrange Revolut or Paypal payment and I will send league code once received

Cheers

Any space left or is the league full?

justshane wrote: »
    Any space left or is the league full?
    4 spots left

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Moved house recently so only getting a chance to look at the euros now. A fair amount of work involved in planning out the team.

@CSF, I’ll join in the paid league if there is a spot left

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Crumbs

4 spots left

I'll give the money league a go if there's a spot open. PM sent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭crushproof

Just joined there. CSF if there's any spaces left in the ML I'd be keen to join.

crushproof wrote: »
    Just joined there. CSF if there's any spaces left in the ML I'd be keen to join.
    Yeah PM me, I think its just the one spot left now. Will save it for you if you're in touch early tomorrow

Pop me on the reserve list if anyone drops out.

26 in the league overall that's not bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Just signed up for the free league now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Anyone also doing fanteam (via bethard)? I put a few teams in-a lot less team management involved in comparison to the UEFA game. Fairly similar to fpl. Pretty impressive prize structure with 230k for the winner.

I did fanteam for the premier league but didn’t give it enough attention to make any serious gains

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭slimshady007

Yeah PM me, I think its just the one spot left now. Will save it for you if you're in touch early tomorrow

Procrastinated on this and looks like it's full now. If a spot opens up let me know. No worries if not.

thunderdog wrote: »
    Anyone also doing fanteam (via bethard)? I put a few teams in-a lot less team management involved in comparison to the UEFA game. Fairly similar to fpl. Pretty impressive prize structure with 230k for the winner.

I did fanteam for the premier league but didn’t give it enough attention to make any serious gains

Yea I'm in it for the money. I hate the website though so I'll only keep playing if I'm in the running for a payday. I prefer the format in the UEFA game but the bethard one is easy enough to jump into given the fpl like format.

My league is full now, so anyone who hasn't been in touch with me yet, no need to do so now.

Anyone who has paid me, please sign upto the league in time for deadline. 7 of the 10 signed up already.

• Advertisement

Has anyone found a website with predicted starting lineups?

Advertisement