Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Stupid unfit for purpose app

• 08-06-2021 9:28am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,107 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Trying to login on PC...

Fill in details on PC....blah blah..you have to log in on phone first...
    Do so,

Blah blah....notification.
    No notification.

Fill in details on PC....blah blah..you have to log in on phone first...
    Do so,

No notification.

Fill in details on PC....blah blah..you have to log in on phone first...
    Do so,

No notification.

Blocked because of too many attempts.

This is the greatest piece of Sh1t I have ever had the misfortune tp try and use.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,107 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Get on to support.
    Get onto a 'dedicated' support service.
    They hang up.
    Jesus Christ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

spurious wrote: »
    Get on to support.
    They hang up.
    Jesus Christ.
    Hi spurious 

Thanks for getting in touch sorry to hear of the difficulties trying to login this morning. 

If you could delete and reinstall App on device this should help. Our colleagues are also available on 0818200362 , they will be happy to assist you while you have access to device. 

Really sorry about the line drop earlier, 

Many thanks
    Alison

Get on to support.
    They hang up.
    Jesus Christ.
    Hi spurious 

Thanks for getting in touch sorry to hear of the difficulties trying to login this morning. 

If you could delete and reinstall App on device this should help. Our colleagues are also available on 0818200362 , they will be happy to assist you while you have access to device. 

Many thanks
    Alison
    Just adding in for you, it may be helpful. When you send the request for notification to device, if you open the App on the device, on the home screen you will see an option at the bottom- Awaiting Approval, click this, it should pull in the notification for you. 

Hoping this helps, 

Alison

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,107 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If I wait until after I fill in the login info on the PC to open the app it times out. If I don't wait, it logs me in on the phone.
    It really is a nightmare.

Imagine my 82 year old mother trying to navigate this nonsense?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,993 ✭✭✭xabi

Same issues here, really needs a re-think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,993 ✭✭✭xabi

Get on to support.
    They hang up.
    Jesus Christ.
    Hi spurious 

Many thanks
    Alison
    Just adding in for you, it may be helpful. When you send the request for notification to device, if you open the App on the device, on the home screen you will see an option at the bottom- Awaiting Approval, click this, it should pull in the notification for you. 

Hoping this helps, 

Alison
    I tried this but it says there are no actions waiting

xabi wrote: »
    Get on to support.
    They hang up.
    Jesus Christ.
    Hi spurious 

Many thanks
    Alison

Hoping this helps, 

Alison
    I tried this but it says there are no actions waiting
    Hi xabi,  

Have you tried deleting and reinstalling App and then attempt the login to site with the notification going to the selected device?

Many thanks,
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Sansome

I have the same problem. I want to be able to see my statements on my Mac.  Not on the tiny phone screen.  

The whole security process didn't work at all so I deleted the phone app and reinstalled.  It still didn't work. No notification.  Nothing waiting.  Tried again....and again.  had to log in AGAIN on my phone and got to the point of approval swipe.  Then loading.....loading.....loading.  Never getting notification and during all this time being constantly logged out on my Mac.  

I must have filled in the details ten times at least. Just wasted an hour or more of my life on this.  I JUST want to be able to see my statement on my computer screen!!  The number you gave above is no good to me I think as I am dialling from England?  Have you got another number I can use, please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi All,

Thanks for your comments and posts. 

We'd just like to clarify the log in process for browser/desktop. 

Before entering your log in details on the browser you only need to have your mobile unlocked, please do not log in to the mobile app first. After you have entered your User ID, Date of Birth and three digits from your 365 PIN on the browser, you will be asked to select a security device. When you have selected the device a notification will be sent to your mobile which you tap to open the approval screen, again you should not be logged on to the mobile app for this to work. 

If you are not receiving the push notification please check your notification settings on your mobile to ensure you've allowed BOI Mobile App to send you notifications. If this is still not working you can select 'Awaiting your Approval' and this will open the approval screen. This option is located on the mobile app log in screen just below where the three digits from your 365 PIN are entered. 

Certain actions will require approval on the mobile app, such as transfers, adding new payees, amending or creating standing orders etc. So it is best to keep the mobile unlocked and close to hand to ensure there is no delay will approving the request. 

We have a step by step guide here which includes images of the screens which may be helpful.

We hope this helps and any questions please let us know. 

Thanks
    Tara

Thank you Tara but......Nope.  Still nothing works.  Deleted the app for the third or fourth time.  Now my phone has three names because I had to go through that process three times and it wouldn't accept my previous names.   

I have done everything detailed, turned on notifications etc. (which were on anyway before). When I get to approvals I have 'no approvals waiting' although something flashed up in blue at the top of the screen for a nano second (presumably a notification) but too fast to see what it said.  

Last time I tried it said I had one 'go' left so presumably I am now locked out.  

Please can I have a phone number I can ring from England as I am guessing the one given above won't work from here?  Beyond frustrated now at being unable to do anything with my account on my computer and probably will find I can't even get into my phone app now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Sansome wrote: »
    Thank you Tara but......Nope.  Still nothing works.  Deleted the app for the third or fourth time.  Now my phone has three names because I had to go through that process three times and it wouldn't accept my previous names.   

I have done everything detailed, turned on notifications etc. (which were on anyway before). When I get to approvals I have 'no approvals waiting' although something flashed up in blue at the top of the screen for a nano second (presumably a notification) but too fast to see what it said.  

Last time I tried it said I had one 'go' left so presumably I am now locked out.  

Please can I have a phone number I can ring from England as I am guessing the one given above won't work from here?  Beyond frustrated now at being unable to do anything with my account on my computer and probably will find I can't even get into my phone app now.
    We're sorry to hear you're still having difficulty with this Sansome. If calling from outside Ireland you can dial +35314044000 and an adviser will go through further details to help resolve this for you. 

Thanks
    Tara

Thank you Tara.  What a long winded complicated process this is to set up, especially when it doesn't work as it should!  I am a relatively techie person.  I can't imagine what untechnical people make of it.  No time today so I will try on Monday as I don't expect anyone answers the phone at weekends?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Megan

Sansome wrote: »
    Thank you Tara.  What a long winded complicated process this is to set up, especially when it doesn't work as it should!  I am a relatively techie person.  I can't imagine what untechnical people make of it.  No time today so I will try on Monday as I don't expect anyone answers the phone at weekends?
    Morning Sansome,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Our customer service team are available on the weekend from 10am-4pm to help with your query. 

Many thanks,
    Megan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

Quick solution to this issue: Revolut

• Site Banned Posts: 4 Langosta

Bank of Ireland are horrific, I moved all my accounts to ptsb, much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,725 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Why can’t I scroll through statements on this app? And I can only go back maybe 2 weeks through the current statement. I think this new app is dreadful a step backwards from the old one.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭shrek008

It truly is a shocking app, have a UK Lloyds TSB account , all you have to do is touch app icon and look at the phone and hey presto you’re into your account!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Trying to access on a desktop is a disgrace. Wait for verification text that never comes.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭mickuhaha

JeffKenna wrote: »
    Trying to access on a desktop is a disgrace. Wait for verification text that never comes.

Is your phone number listed on your account as the main contact number?

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Rustyman101

58 mins on hold Weds at lunchtime trying to get through, multiple efforts of >20mins eventally got a reply late Thursday, complete joke of a service.
    Made everyone with BOI credit cards migrate to an app based service and then dont bother to support it !
    I'm with KBC will be looking for a new bank soon certaintly wont be BOI on this basis.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,725 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

58 mins on hold Weds at lunchtime trying to get through, multiple efforts of >20mins eventally got a reply late Thursday, complete joke of a service.
    Made everyone with BOI credit cards migrate to an app based service and then dont bother to support it !
    I'm with KBC will be looking for a new bank soon certaintly wont be BOI on this basis.....

They leave you on hold as long as humanly possible so you get fed up and hang up. It’s an age older tactic of theirs. They also make the stupid pre recorded voice drag out as long as possible and re route you as often as possible, trying their very best to not connect you with a human. It’s a dreadful phone service.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Rustyman101

100% spoke to two people who didnt have the "Clearance" to issue me with the info......Why are you answer the phone then ?
    It was a simple User ID request nothing complicated.......before someone says use the text service there were two accounts linked to the one phone and it kept sending me one User ID
    Lost all the details after my phone fried.
    Pure usless service, not fit for purpose, actually pity the people working on those lines, underresourced, poorly trained and probaly poorly paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,230 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Former BOI customer here who had enough.

The AIB app works really well. Very straightforward, intuitive and user friendly.

Perhaps take a look at theirs and copy it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

mickuhaha wrote: »
    Is your phone number listed on your account as the main contact number?

As far as I know yes but I'll double check.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

One of the reasons I left BOI....tech is rubbish even after a 1bn IT upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

This app was flagged as a disaster a few weeks after launch. This was close to a year ago. It hasn't improved. Each time they update the app I have to uninstall it & start again from scratch.

Revolut & N32 seem to be able to provide what their customer wants on an app

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭beveragelady

Seriously. AIB. 
    It takes a few minutes to switch and all this hassle just evaporates. 
    In 2014 I discovered that it was easier to switch my bank account to AIB than it was to sort out the online banking obstacles that were making it impossible to change my address with BOI.
    Never regretted it for a minute. 

I didn't have to ring in the end.  I tried one more time and it worked as it should.  Funny that.....

I've had nothing but hassle with the app. I just soldier on with it. Spoke to online customer care but they couldn't help either. Horrendous app. 

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

InitialG wrote: »
    I've had nothing but hassle with the app. I just soldier on with it. Spoke to online customer care but they couldn't help either. Horrendous app. 
    Hi InitialG,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing this with us. We're sorry to hear you're experiencing difficulty with the app. Can we ask what difficulty you are experiencing?

Thanks,
    Richard 

Advertisement