Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Simmental cow and calf

• 07-06-2021 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

I'm after buying a new purebred simmental cow and calf, she's a fine big very milky cow, however she's really huge in three of her spins and small in the fourth, seller is telling me she fine and calf going off suck, and only sucks every second day or so. And cow will soon dry herself off. When I checked her out I can't get milk out of the small spin and other front one,
    What I'm wondering is this normal behaviour for these milky autumn calving simmentals and is she gone dry in two front teats? What's peoples thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,159 ✭✭✭tanko

What age is the cow, when did she last calve and when is she due to calve next?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Irish Beef

tanko wrote: »
    What age is the cow, when did she last calve and when is she due to calve next?

Ten month old heifer calf, normally I'd wean at about 7/8 months. Cow due again early December.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Irish Beef

Irish Beef wrote: »
    Ten month old heifer calf, normally I'd wean at about 7/8 months. Cow due again early December.

Cow is 7 year old, April 2014.

Advertisement