Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Goldstone or Kingfisher just for the gym?

• 04-06-2021 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭

Im looking to join a new gym next week. Its a pity Ben Dunnes is gone as that was a very well kitted out gym. I've zero interest in the pool so out of the two ive mentioned which has more equipment and better for someone training?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,797 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

try before yea buy, if possible, maybe try kingfishers pay as you go option, to see for yourself. never used goldstone, sounds like a well kitted out place though, kingfisher works for me. theyll be some good deals going now, maybe see if you can get a freebie from goldstone

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭The Aul Switcharoo

Minime2.5 wrote: »
    Im looking to join a new gym next week. Its a pity Ben Dunnes is gone as that was a very well kitted out gym. I've zero interest in the pool so out of the two ive mentioned which has more equipment and better for someone training?

Goldstone is 100% a better gym for equipment etc they just don't have the pool. I was jn goldstone, changed to kingfisher because of the pool but have changed back. Kingfisher is very bare

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

How's kingfisher for prices? Like if I just wanted use the gym.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

I heard a new gym has taken over where Ben dunne used be

Minime2.5 wrote:
    I heard a new gym has taken over where Ben dunne used be

Tis true alright, but I can't remember the name of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭mytime

https://m.facebook.com/Xtremecscwaterford/

That's the new crowd where Ben Dunne was.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭deise121

WIT Arena is great. I've been there a few years now

deise121 wrote: »
    WIT Arena is great. I've been there a few years now

certainly sounds like it is, sounds well kitted out, and very nice indeed

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    certainly sounds like it is, sounds well kitted out, and very nice indeed

Do you know if WIT has a sauna or a steam room?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Unless they've added it over the lockdown no not available to typical members anyway. There is a section for school athletes etc and maybe they have something but don't think so.

Was a member there for 3 years, good gym. Small but has what you need really if your just looking to keep fit.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement

Not that I'm aware of, looking forward to using them again myself, I really need the gym though, I'm piling on the weight

Advertisement