Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Farm taxes question

Options
  • 28-05-2021 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭

When handing in receipts/payments to the accountant do you also have to give them bank statements?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭Jb1989

JJayoo wrote: »
    When handing in receipts/payments to the accountant do you also have to give them bank statements?

I do, they need access to them one way or another.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭jntsnk

Yes. Everything must be accounted for.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Thank you for the replies, since I don't receive any other form of income I didn't think there was a need to hand in a full years worth of bank statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭Jb1989

Thank you for the replies, since I don't receive any other form of income I didn't think there was a need to hand in a full years worth of bank statements.

You have to prove you weren't lodgeing cheques or cash from private jobs or sales, like drawing in bales or selling firewood.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭jntsnk

You know that but revenue don’t , so everything has be accounted for with bank statements and receipts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Your accountant needs to account for all your spending. Down the line you may want to introduce capital from your personal account into a business. If you don't give all the account details at the start in 5-10 years time when this happens you need to prove that this money was not taxable. If you every get am audit revenue will access these bank accounts anyway. It a good idea to give them your spouse's bank accounts as well and details of there earning as they can get an tax rebate due at this stage

Slava Ukrainii

Advertisement