Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Infinite

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Highlander meets Fast and Furious :p

The sword being the first thing shown and then the cars later were so on the nose! :D

Also checked the wikipedia because some scenes looked Irish cliffs and maybe Dublin flats.. but it says Cardiff and Scotland in the production section so I'm guessing that's where they came from.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinite_(film)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Man, Antoine Fuqua became a real gun for hire after Training Day. I believe himself and Wahlberg are a little miffed with Paramount dropping this on digital, presumably cos it messes with their contractual earnings.

Film itself looks like it might be fun but I hate Wahlberg as a lead, let alone some immortal being.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I can't say that any Wahlberg film comes to mind as "That's the one that Wahlberg carried all by himself". I have more of a makes-a-strong-team memory

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Slydice wrote: »
    I can't say that any Wahlberg film comes to mind as "That's the one that Wahlberg carried all by himself". I have more of a makes-a-strong-team memory

I suppose he's the lead of the Transformer movies now, but that's hardly a good yardstick. He's best used in an ensemble like The Departed, or partner to someone else like The Other Guys. He just doesn't have the charisma or X Factor to pull a film, let alone one where he's supposed to be this immortal warrior type.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I thought Wahlberg was really good in The Gambler and carried the film well. Probably the only time I have been impressed with him in a lead role and didn't spend the whole movie wishing they had cast someone else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,140 ✭✭✭corkie

pixelburp wrote: »

Film itself looks like it might be fun but I hate Wahlberg as a lead, let alone some immortal being.

Know him mainly from the 'Ted' movies.

Not immortal but reincarnated, and future incarnation as 'Steve Austin' in
    The Six Billion Dollar Man
    Plot unknown. Feature film based on the popular '70s TV series "The Six Million Dollar Man".

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,650 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Yeah, I just don't buy Marky as the heroic action lead.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,812 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Quite a “Jumper” feel to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,280 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A total mess of a film.

It feels like a bit like Wanted and was made to create a Universe to make sequels instead of focusing on just making a decent movie first.

These days I can't read a greater turn-off for any given movie than "trying to set-up the sequels"

• Advertisement

reviews and pretty much any other reaction says

-> complete dogsh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

so much going on why did they add the
    force powers?

Watchable enough turd of a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,972 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It is on Channel 4 now

• Registered Users Posts: 15,555 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

No its not.

It was scheduled to be alright but instead they have "Star Trek 2009" on instead lol. Either someone fu-cked up or its a great way to get new fans into Star Trek lol.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Man, what a weird thread bump for a pretty terrible movie that, IIRC, was dumped on streaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,555 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

That's OK. Was going to watch it myself but Star Trek 09 was on instead and I was like your allright. No thanks.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

I thought it was pretty soon for network TV premiere which is why I updated thread with a bump

Odd choice all the same, for a movie that by all accounts doesn't exist for all the impact it left on the world, or reception it got from the 12 people who watched endured it 😂

Though when I saw the thread in my bookmarks I did despair initially, thinking there was talk of a sequel lol 🤣 so thank god it wasn't that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement