Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Thinking of a new Fiesta ST3 - anybody with experience?

• 25-05-2021 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭

I'm currently considering going for a new car for the first time and was liking the look of a Fiesta ST3 (currently have an Ecoboost 1.0 version). The thing that I'm a little worried about as a daily is how stiff the suspension is. Some reviews have mentioned that it's a bit jarring on bumpy roads, and seeing as Ireland is one big bumpy road, has anybody tried one out here? I can deal with a firm suspension once you aren't spending the entire time bouncing up and down like a tool :pac:

I heard the seats are a bit tight too, but I'm hoping being fairly skinny will help here!

Anybody own/tried one and have any general thoughts on these things? The rest of it looks good, has pretty much everything I'd be looking for.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,109 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

User vintageVRS on here has one. From reading his feedback on them I think your biggest challenge will be finding a Ford dealer who is actually interested in ordering and selling you one.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,617 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I've driven one of the current model and had 2 of the earlier Mk6 FST.

Yes the suspension is firm but it's still very usable as an everyday car.

I've no idea where you'd find one for a test drive as they are quite rare.

I had the previous version as a daily driver and loved it. The Recaro seats & your seatbelt stop you "bouncing up and down like a tool."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Gavman84

I have a mk7 and love it. I have also test driven the mk8 with the performance pack. They are great cars and I would say the mk8 is more comfortable then the mk7 so I wouldnt worry at all. Again the seats I found no issues with. I dont find the mk7 that bad either.
    The diff is great on them vintage added one to his as was not on it and loves it. I think I might well change to a mk8 myself when the time comes just not yet!
    Keep an eye out on donedeal as they pop up 2nd hand every so often if you wanted to try the seats and comfort etc. Anyone i know with one love them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭batman_oh

Cheers all, sounds like I better get on to them to get ordering if they are are slow as I've heard. Was intending to go for an early 212 job if doing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

There's a full Fiesta ST thread somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Also considering one :) have a decent price from a dealer but yet to commit. I was advised 6-7 months lead time so it would definitely be a 221 reg.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭hooch-85

I've driven one of the current model and had 2 of the earlier Mk6 FST.

Yes the suspension is firm but it's still very usable as an everyday car.

I've no idea where you'd find one for a test drive as they are quite rare.

The two you had were MK7s:pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,617 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

mcburns07 wrote: »
    Also considering one :) have a decent price from a dealer but yet to commit. I was advised 6-7 months lead time so it would definitely be a 221 reg.

How much?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

hooch-85 wrote: »
    The two you had were MK7s:pac:

Yeah but they seemed a generation behind due to the base spec and lack of options. :P :pac:

dar83 wrote: »
    Yeah but they seemed a generation behind due to the base spec and lack of options. :P :pac:

Don't give up the day job (assuming you have one) :D

I asked 2 Ford dealers about these cars and they are saying there's no discounting at all currently.

I asked 2 Ford dealers about these cars and they are saying there's no discounting at all currently.

What are they looking for for an ST3? 26k on website or am I reading that wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭mcburns07

PCeeeee wrote: »
    What are they looking for for an ST3? 26k on website or am I reading that wrong?

33k approx

mcburns07 wrote: »
    33k approx

Yeah. That sounds more like it

Advertisement