Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What EVs/Hybrids do you own (or are buying)?

• 04-06-2021 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,801 ✭✭✭✭

We've had a fair number of Boardsies changing cars this year, so I thought it'd be interesting to do a quick survey of what people are driving

A few quick rules

1. Please just post your car model and if you want the year, a picture, what range/efficiency figures you're getting and a one line review. There's already plenty of threads for detailed discussion on various EVs and hybrids
    2. Only BEVs, REXs, PHEVs, self charging and mild hybrids allowed. Basically any car with an electric motor and battery that provides traction to the wheels counts
    3. If you have multiple cars in your household then please feel free to list them all, provided they're allowed by rule #2
    4. If you're buying a car in 2021 please post about it, again provided it's allowed under rule #2. If you're buying a car next year or beyond then sorry, not allowed
    5. No insulting or trolling other people's car choices. Everyone has their own criteria of what they want in a car and just because you love EVs doesn't mean everyone else does. Again, there's other threads for that discussion

So, to kick off, I currently have 2 EVs in my house

First is a 2021 Volkswagen ID.4 1st Max 77kWh, generally getting 17kWh/100km city driving and around 20.5kWh/100km on motorways. Would be happy to do 350km driving

IMG_20210602_132208__01.jpg?raw=1

Second is a 2016 Nissan Leaf 24kWh, year round average of 16kWh/100km, generally getting about 125km range in summer, drops to 100km in winter

img_20201121_141834__01.jpg?raw=1

Love them both, never want to go back to a fossil car again :)

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,233 ✭✭✭✭fits

ID.3 Tour in Moonstone Grey ordered early May. 77 kw h battery on it should give up to 500 km range.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭eagerv

ID.3 1st 58kWh. Get between 300 and 400km. Sept 2020.

And.
    Hyundai Ioniq 28kWh. Get between 170 and 220km. Feb 2020 (Second hand).

i84MOCv.jpg

EiexbDe.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Chippy01

My car is a 191 Corolla saloon hybrid. Traded my '11 Prius against it. Same running costs, but much more comfy. I prefer a saloon to a h/b anyways.

Herself also had an '11 Prius, and traded that against a 181 Auris hybrid last year. Again, same running costs, but a much tighter package.

We have been driving Toyota hybrids for close on 12 years now, and just can't fault them.
    Won't be going back to full fossil - ever, but full EV is not suitable for our use at the moment. Maybe in the future, but for now we are a hybrid family.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭bod71

172 330e. I have it two years, brought it in from uk. Plug it in most days and getting about 70mpg, looking to buy a 2020 330e in the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭whippet

In the last 12 months I’ve replaced my our two diesels - Skoda Kodiaq and Superb Combi for a G20 330e MSport Plus and Leaf 40 SVE.

Delighted with the new motors .. only thing I miss is the boot space of the superb !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭mun1

Audi Q4 due in July

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Kia eNiro long range from 2019, 16kWh. Love the car, looks are average, would love more range with heating on and faster charging.

Upgrading to an EV6 GT-Line in October due to the reasons above.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭silver_sky

22kWh Renault Zoe with fast AC43 charging. Consumption varies from "that's not bad" to "oh no... why is it dropping so fast" on the motorway. Average I get around 150km on a charge I'd say.

Planning to change it in about 6-9 months I'd say, but moving first so waiting for that to go through. The Zoe is grand for now and served me well.
    Looking at whats out there or coming soon but whatever it is it'd be bigger, longer range, non-SUV, and CCS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭innrain

1. Hyundai Kona 64kWh 2019. After 50k km I have an average consumption of 15.5 kWh/100km. Nice car but small. Very good for me to go to work not so good for a holiday.
    2. Tesla LR 2021 77kWh? Just few days since I got it. After 1000 km 15kWh/100km. Very nice drive. It ticks most of the boxes for us.

Not to much into cars but I spend on average 3h+ daily driving and I want to make the time as pleasant as possible. I have to mention that currently I don't have home charging but after two years I don't see this a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭PaulRyan97

2021 Volkswagen Golf GTE. Having done 1415km in it over the last two months I've averaged 2.7l/100km (105mpg) and 11.3kWh/100km.

Noi0GgH.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭cc

172 Ioniq Hybrid, getting 68 MPG/4.2 l/100km this time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Currently have a VW id3 58kWh and a 64kWh KIA e-soul.

In the past I've had a 30kWh leaf and a BMW i3 Rex 94ah.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

BMW i3 Rex (smaller battery). 76,000 km and getting about 120-130 on the battery at around 100kph this time of year.

Also replaced a 08 a4 with a Corolla hybrid (Luna Sport edition). Really like the car averaging 4.8l/100km

555083.jpg

555082.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,646 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Audi Etron 50

The thread equivalent of a 5.7 hemi hummer

Averaging 28kw/100km over 12 months, in current weather would probably get 280km or so on a run.

Most driving is short urban trips

Love it though.

Z8M2BLp.jpg

Fbd0Eoz.jpg

iGCMCgI.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,316 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Currently driving: Peugeot partner van, not EV! Just a runaround until we move house and then most likely back in an EV. Havent decided yet.

Past EVs:
    2016 Tesla Model S 90D
    2017 Hyundai Ioniq 28
    2014 Nissan Leaf 24

(Also past hybrids: 2008 Mk2 Prius)

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭whomadewho

I just bought a 2012 Toyota auris hybrid, 1 old lady driver with only 23km on the clock. Have to say, smooth car to drive. I don't do much mileage as I usually cycle every where. But 20e a month is all I use on petrol now compared to nearly 20e a week in my old Honda accord 2.0 petrol.

• Moderators Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Had a Hyundai Ioniq 28kWh BEV for 2 years. Ran out of space for the family so upgraded to a VW ID.4 in March.

3k km so far, and despite my ramblings about scheduled charging etc i'm very happy with it.
    ~18kWh/100km average (430km on a full charge)

image.png

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭who what when

Just bought a 202 Ioniq. Delighted with it so far. First time to even drive an electric car.
    One thing that's really struck me since getting it is the amount of completely uninformed comments you get from people.
    For instance after returning from a trip to Dublin a relative asked where i stopped to charge on the way. When i informed her that the car can do the journey twice before before needing to be charged she didn't believe me.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 tigerbalm_eu

We're now a two EV car family: Porsche Taycan 4S and Peugeot e-208. Very different cars!

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭sumo12

2012 Auris Hybrid. Averages 5.4l / 100 km with a mix of driving - local / motorway and heavy right foot on occassion.

It's too ugly to post a picture on here. It's black, so looks reasonable when washed, if you close one eye and squint with the other...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

I've had a 2015 LEAF24 since November 2017, best thing I ever spent money on. No regrets, it hasn't been any trouble at all.

Trading in our Octavia for an ID3 this week, so from tomorrow we'll be a 2 EV family.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭adunis

1 2017 Ioniq BEV
    2 2019 ZE 4.0 ZOE

Ioniq being traded in for a 204hp 58kw id3 life

I wouldn't ever buy a hybrid.

adunis wrote: »

I wouldn't ever buy a hybrid.

Oooohh bitchy!

I thought we weren't allowed slag each others car choices on this thread...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,801 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

sumo12 wrote: »
    Oooohh bitchy!

If he'd said "hybrids are sh!t" or told someone they bought the wrong car then I'd call it slagging and against the rules

Since he's expressing a personal opinion on his own buying choices, then I'd say it's allowed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Miscreant

I had a 2012 Auris Hybrid until February this year when I traded it in for a 2019 Hyundai IONIQ PHEV.

The Toyota was ultra reliable for the 7 years I owned it (from 2014) and I expect the Hyundai to be similar (although I am having an issue with the charge door not opening on the PHEV which will be fixed under warranty, so no biggie).

Not that I need to justify my choice, but I was not ready to go full electric this time around due to the prices of long range second hand electrics. I got a great trade in deal on the Auris and have traded up to a newer car with all the bells and whistles. :)

Next one will be electric in about 5 years.....

If he'd said "hybrids are sh!t" or told someone they bought the wrong car then I'd call it slagging and against the rules

Since he's expressing a personal opinion on his own buying choices, then I'd say it's allowed

Fair call, your thread! I just found it amusing that's all, the little dig at the end :D

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭adunis

Oooohh bitchy!

Ain't bitchy,I just wouldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,801 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Fair call, your thread! I just found it amusing that's all, the little dig at the end :D

Yeah there's a lot of strong opinions around regarding hybrids, PHEVs, BEVs, etc

I'm always open to debating them but I think it's better to do that in other threads so that people can post here without worrying about having their buying choices attacked

• Registered Users Posts: 13,972 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

211 Range Rover Sport PHEV, you have to give up a bit of boot space for the battery, but it is a joy to drive and with 404bhp, pretty fast.

• Advertisement
Advertisement