Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Advice

• 02-06-2021 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭

Have had two cows in the last month or so with abscesses on their knee joints. Was keeping an eye on them whether to treat them with an antibiotic or not. (probably should have) However Abcesses burst and seemed to draw out and swelling went down again.
    First cow seems to have another abscess formed again.
    Is it coincidence it happened to two cows or should i be treating something?
    Would it be a condition like some form of joint ill?
    Advice welcome.
    Will be getting on to vet in a.m

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,044 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Did the vet get you sorted?
    I've only seen something like that once before, and it was on a calf which scored its knees going up a step into the calf lie-back area. Must have got the wound infected. Swollen up and then one burst just as we were putting it out into the grass. Burst the other one ourselves and covered with spray. No lasting effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I’d imagine it’s a coincidence and if it’s not causing any pain it’ll sort itself out. Most likely she got a knock. Disinfectant spray if it’s open

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭RD10

Vet reckons looks like it might be mycoplasma and will need to be blood tested to find out.
    Always something.

Advertisement