Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Auctioneers Fees Leasing Land

Options
  • 06-10-2017 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭

Anybody know the auctioneers fees of leasing land and collecting money for the term of the lease.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 neil7024

Anybody know the auctioneers fees of leasing land and collecting money for the term of the lease.

I was quoted 5% plus vat for the term of the lease ex.5 years ,10 years .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,057 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

neil7024 wrote: »
    I was quoted 5% plus vat for the term of the lease ex.5 years ,10 years .

Is there any advantage in having that auctioneer collecting the money every year, do they guarantee that you'll get paid.
    I used an auctioneer here to do the deal only, he charged 1% of the value of the ten year lease,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭kk.man

Why bother with an auctioneer?
    What added security is an auctioneer if you have an interested party? As far as I can see two solicitors one for each party and draw up an acceptable agreement to both parties.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭Sami23

What would be the average price to pay your solicitor for looking after the leasing in of approx. 25 acres land bearing in mind the Landlords solicitors has done all the paperwork drawing up the lease etc. ?
    Tia

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

Sami23 wrote: »
    What would be the average price to pay your solicitor for looking after the leasing in of approx. 25 acres land bearing in mind the Landlords solicitors has done all the paperwork drawing up the lease etc. ?
    Tia

You're leasing in land, and you are getting your solicitor involved is it?

Not sure its necessary? We have land let, to a few different people over the years, and there never solicitors involved...
    We did the land lease through an auctioneer - the guy leasing just went in and signed it, and that was that...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,152 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Tia

I think there are a few lease agreements made that are neutral, I think Teagasc and IFA have templates

Slava Ukrainii

You're leasing in land, and you are getting your solicitor involved is it?

Not sure its necessary? We have land let, to a few different people over the years, and there never solicitors involved...
    We did the land lease through an auctioneer - the guy leasing just went in and signed it, and that was that...

That's what I'm wondering do I actually need a solicitor at all but know I won't get a straight answer from a solicitor :(
    This lease will involve getting the land stamped officially by revenue if that makes a difference to me needing a solicitor

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭farmersfriend

wrangler wrote: »
    Is there any advantage in having that auctioneer collecting the money every year, do they guarantee that you'll get paid.
    I used an auctioneer here to do the deal only, he charged 1% of the value of the ten year lease,
    no, they will not guarantee u get paid

• Registered Users Posts: 18,152 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

That's what I'm wondering do I actually need a solicitor at all but know I won't get a straight answer from a solicitor :(
    This lease will involve getting the land stamped officially by revenue if that makes a difference to me needing a solicitor
    No you can send it directly to revenue your self with the stamp payment. Teagasc, IFA or an auctioneer will advise

Slava Ukrainii

No you can send it directly to revenue your self with the stamp payment. Teagasc, IFA or an auctioneer will advise

So I rang the landlords solicitor to see if I could go in to sign the lease and they are insisting that I need my own solicitor to witness it.
    I asked is that a legal requirement and she said (secretary) she thinks it's in some document alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,025 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

I think the IFA (or other similar organisation) have a standard land lease agreement that anyone can download.

Advertisement