Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xpeng inc

• 12-01-2021 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Xpeng gets a regular mention in various EV threads, but I thought it would be helpful if it had its own thread.

The following article refers to a new credit facility for about €1.6bn that the company has put in place, along with a few other headlines for the company.

Again, its a growing EV producer, with cars on the road, but is also still loss making.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/xpeng-inks-strategic-cooperation-agreement-034500874.html

Thanks,

G.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Interesting company, and I've a reasonably small exposure to them, but from a technical charts point of view I've largely stayed away, serious pump up to 75$ in a very short timeframe, followed by a crash back to 35$. It's 20day moving average has only just passed its 50day, so that gives me abit more confidence, I'd want to see it continue that trend and the share price to bounce off the 50ma to give me enough confidence that its started a good uptrend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭garrettod

Timmaay wrote: »
    Interesting company, and I've a reasonably small exposure to them, but from a technical charts point of view I've largely stayed away, serious pump up to 75$ in a very short timeframe, followed by a crash back to 35$. It's 20day moving average has only just passed its 50day, so that gives me abit more confidence, I'd want to see it continue that trend and the share price to bounce off the 50ma to give me enough confidence that its started a good uptrend.

The "pump and dump" thing has been fairly widespread TBF - it's been a feature of a lot of the high potential, small caps, and particularly, since half of America opened accounts on Robinhood etc.

There's no doubt that they've been riding the EV wave (both up and down), but that's a different issue, for me.

What I like about them is that they have growing physical sales (27k sales in 2020), are starting to export (initially selling into Norway), and that they are actually making their own cars, in their own manufacturing plants.

They seem to have raised a lot of cab over the last year or so, which I assume is funding the development of their second plant, amongst other things, while they've also got Alibaba as a minority shareholder (which I consider to be a vote of confidence, in Xpeng's tech).

Thanks,

G.

Holy sh1t, 54$, +21% in a day, ok I'm sorry for my earlier negativety lol. I managed to fluke the recent bottom of 37$, but only got 30shares, still a nice 50% return so far.

XPeng achieved a record monthly delivery of 6,015 Smart EVs in January 2021, representing a 470% increase from January 2020, marking the third consecutive month of record-breaking delivery numbers.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/xpeng-announces-vehicle-delivery-results-082700392.html

Thanks,

G.

Xpeng confirm that they've seen nothing in their business to warrant the recent sell off.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/chinese-electric-car-maker-xpeng-sees-big-momentum-into-march-vice-chairman-and-president-123553344.html

Xpeng sees first quarter deliveries rising 450% year-over-year to 12,500 vehicles. Revenues are expected to increase 533% from a year ago. The company didn’t provide bottom line estimates for the quarter, but will likely post another net loss as it ramps up manufacturing, invests in R&D and builds out a new manufacturing plant set to open in 2022.

Thanks,

G.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Chuckie_Egg

I'm watching this sector now because I think its going to get oversold way beyond what anyone would have thought. It is following Tesla down, in that if Tesla sneezes the rest of the EV carmakers get pneumonia.
    I think this will hit the mid teens soon and if it gets any setback then sub $10 territory.
    Sorry for being so pessimistic but there must be a price it could hit when everyone will jump back in and we are not at it yet.

It's up 8% since the opening bell today :)

Thanks,

G.

I'm watching this sector now because I think its going to get oversold way beyond what anyone would have thought. It is following Tesla down, in that if Tesla sneezes the rest of the EV carmakers get pneumonia.
    I think this will hit the mid teens soon and if it gets any setback then sub $10 territory.
    Sorry for being so pessimistic but there must be a price it could hit when everyone will jump back in and we are not at it yet.

I both agree and disagree lol, I think it's oversold now at sub30 definitely, however yep I'm surprised there aren't more bears like you out there, everything usually doesn't turn around until its an absolute bloodbath lol and 95% of investors are sick to death ha, we are nowhere near march 2020 anxiety levels yet. The 20day dropping under the 50day ma on the NASDAQ is a significant marker for me, and us bull's need to be cautious until we see the 20day ma rise back over the 50day again. I took out a small position on Xpeng at 27 yday on the day trading app, but the aim is to have a tight enough trailing stop on it, I need to work hard next week or so to bank some profits after a bad bad few weeks lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Chuckie_Egg

You can always dollar cost average into it, that way if it does drop again you will be buying at a lower price.
    I've enough "bargains" got for now, I need to replenish my cash positions so I will be selling some stock again

You can always dollar cost average into it, that way if it does drop again you will be buying at a lower price.
    I've enough "bargains" got for now, I need to replenish my cash positions so I will be selling some stock again

I've wayyy too much ev in my portfolio as is (thank to NIOs 10x), so only gonna swingtrade Xpeng ha. Way too much growth stocks also, which I knew well a month ago, but definitely need to rebalance moving forward.

• Advertisement

Xpeng to announce Q1 results on Thursday.

Like NIO, and others, the focus will be on deliveries and what impact the shortage of chips is having on the company.

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/xpeng-report-first-quarter-2021-110000477.html

Thanks,

G.

5,147 vehicles delivered in April 2021, a 285% increase year-over-year.

Year-to-date deliveries reached 18,487, a 413% increase year-over-year.

The Company formed a strategic partnership with Zhongsheng Group, a leading automobile dealership group in China, to further expand its sales and services network while strengthening after-sales service capabilities. Zhongsheng Group will be investing in and operating authorized XPeng branded dealership outlets to provide smart EV sales and services, first to be launched in tier-1 and high-potential cities in China within 2021.

The Company also entered into a cooperation agreement in April with the City of Wuhan to build a new XPeng Motors Wuhan Smart EV Manufacturing Base in Wuhan with expected annual capacity of 100,000 units.

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/xpeng-announces-vehicle-delivery-results-023300636.html

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Kilough

Also holding XPEV with BEP of $34. Happy to see them continue sales growth although at a slower rate of growth than in Q1. If I'd dry powder I'd be averaging down if it got near $27 again!

Any thoughts on future valuations? Will chip shortages weigh on sales in Q2?

Hi,

They have to be impacted by the same chip shortage as everyone else - even the likes of Dell are talking about it impacting on their business, so I can't see how theses guys can't be protected. So, that's an issue for the next 12-18 months, that'll be likely to restrict growth.

That said, they've said that the are on track to either meet, or best, Q2 targets :

https://m.benzinga.com/article/21382659?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+benzinga+%28Benzinga+News+Feed%29

Maybe they have sufficient chips bought, or committed to convert Q2?

There's no doubt that demand for EVs is on the up, its becoming more and more visible in all reports on new vehicle sales, and now we've most of the old school manufacturers making big commitments to produce more EVs.

Thanks,

G.

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/chinas-ev-maker-xpeng-gets-062149529.html

BEIJING (Reuters) -Chinese electric vehicle maker Xpeng Inc filed for a dual primary listing on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange on Wednesday.

Thanks,

G.

6,565 vehicles delivered in June 2021, a record month with a 617% increase year-over-year

17,398 vehicles delivered in 2Q 2021, a record quarter with a 439% increase year-over-year

4,730 P7s delivered in June 2021, the highest monthly deliveries since the P7’s launch

30,738 total vehicles delivered year-to-date, a 459% increase year-over-year

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/xpeng-announces-vehicle-delivery-results-090000515.html

Thanks,

G.

The XPeng G3 ranks top in quality in the compact BEV (battery-powered electric vehicle) segment based on owner experience.

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/xpeng-g3-ranks-top-quality-102900888.html

Thanks,

G.

• XPeng today kicks off Phase Two expansion project for Zhaoqing Smart Electric Vehicle Manufacturing Base
    • Planned annual production capacity for Zhaoqing Base to reach 200,000 units upon completion

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/xpeng-signs-agreement-zhaoqing-smart-080000515.html

XPEV will be looking to display strength as it nears its next earnings release, which is expected to be August 26, 2021.

Thanks,

G.

XPeng Backed HT Aero Unveils Flying Vehicle City Usage Scenarios

Thanks,

G.

• Advertisement

XPeng Announces Vehicle Delivery Results for September and Third Quarter 2021

Monthly deliveries reached 10,000-unit milestone

• 10,412 vehicles delivered in September 2021, a record month and a 199% increase year-over-year
    • 25,666 vehicles delivered in Q3 2021, a record quarter and a 199% increase year-over-year
    • 7,512 P7s delivered in September 2021, a record month and a 192% increase year-over-year
    • 56,404 total vehicles delivered year-to-date, a 301% increase year-over-year

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210930006041/en/

Thanks,

G.

Looks like the chip shortage hasn't bitten as hard, or quickly, as some people feared.

That said, we know that there's still a worldwide shortage,

Thanks,

G.

2021 TECH DAY event on Sunday, October 24, 2021 in China with English language replay available on Monday, October 25.

• While their cars are an obvious interest, their flying vehicle concept could be seriously life changing... Just imagine emergency services being able to fly, to get through heavy traffic, for example!

Thanks,

G.

XPeng Announces Vehicle Delivery Results for November 2021

15,613 Smart EVs Delivered 

• 15,613 vehicles delivered in November 2021, a 270% increase year-over-year
    • 7,839 P7s delivered in November 2021, a 187% increase year-over-year
    • 82,155 total vehicles delivered year-to-date, a 285% increase year-over-year
    • Cumulative deliveries reached 121,953 as of the end of November 2021

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20211201005448/en/

Thanks,

G.

Advertisement