Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Necrus Revisited (Part Three) REVEAL Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Right, getting underway in about 3 mins or so...

• Registered Users Posts: 84,809 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Necro wrote: »
    Wait this is the opposite of what I expected to happen
    Dammit Necro

giphy.gif

I meant NOT CONFIDENT :o

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

In 13th place with 4 points

Irish Aris

Blondie – Fun

That's right, no spoilers this time, your names are going in bright lights folks!!!

Very fun tune this, not sure it’s a summery one? I guess it is given how upbeat it is. Nothing wrong with it, again I struggled finding reasons to rank songs in this round given the quality. Most... MOST of the songs I really enjoyed as is evident from this...

That means Aris finishes up with a very cool showing and 66 points in total, thank you for your entries!!

In 12th place with 5 points

Kolido

Duke Dumont - Ocean Drive

Not great, not awful. Perfectly acceptable track imo. About here is right for it. Again the only thing that’s really massively summery about this to me is the title.

Kolido had an excellent run, a couple of top 3 hits and a category win in the 90s... but also some that weren’t as popular.
    A grand total of 80 points to Kol!

• Registered Users Posts: 84,809 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

ari101 wrote: »
    Woman doesn't have a wiki page, shocking in this day and age ;)

https://stephanierainey.com/

• Advertisement

In 11th place with 6 points

Deja Boo

Pontoon – Little Big Town

I can dig this. Definitely some cool summer feeling off this. Video oozes cool too. Nice choice!

52 points for Deja, definitely not to be sniffed at – thanks for your entries Boo Boo :D

In 10th place with 7 points

Ari101

Matoma & Becky Hill - False Alarm

I initially had this ranked really low but on repeated listens it started to climb a little bit. I’m still not sure exactly how I feel about the track fitting the category (the beat is fairly nifty tbf) but here is a fair position for it, imo anyways. It has a nice vibe to it, might have done well in the driving round actually!

That score puts ari out in front on 108 points… will it be enough to claim the title?

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

You couldn't have just given me another 4th??? ;):D

giphy.gif

In 9th place with 8 points

Sawduck

Zara Larsson - Lush Life

Ah yes, I knew of this song prior to it being submitted but didn’t know who sang it. Rihanna-esque in parts. Very cool, very summery. Good choice!

68 points for Sawduck, a very good showing indeed! Always enjoy your entries of different variety, thanks for playing!

In 8th place with 9 points

Trigger

Rhythm is a dancer - SNAP!

Cracking club classic, yeah this is definitely a summery vibe. Nice choice but it’s a bit overplayed I think.

105 points total for Trigger, putting him in second place overall for now. A fantastic showing with some brilliant entries.

ari101 is still hanging on in there though....

200.gif

• Advertisement

Nervous... me? Not at all...

giphy.gif

In 7th place with 10 points

The purple tin

The Faces - Ooh la la

I actually have heard of a purple tin submission! WHAT IS GOING ON??? :eek: Great old track this. Strumming out on the porch and your mates singing along to this with a few brewskis in hand type summery.

57 points for the purple tin. Some were hot… others… were not. :P Thank you for playing though!

In 6th place with 11 points

Necrina

Owl City, Carly Rae Jepsen - Good Times

Yeah definitely heading in the right direction summer feeling wise. Another choon this entry!

Necrina hits 97 points in her second ever Walrus. It won’t be enough to win but it’s a very good effort. Thanks for playing and hopefully you enjoyed it!

In 5th place with 12 points

ShaneU

Supergrass - Alright

I mean what more can you ask for in a summer song? This is such a classic. I’m still not sure if I made the correct decision in the ranking of this and the next three. All on a par and just had to go with my gut :/

Things just got interesting… ShaneU takes the lead by a solitary point – 109 points in total!!

Hard luck ari...

tenor.gif?itemid=11209583

I'm fine, congrats Shane for taking the lead, podiums still possible and all that...

giphy.gif

In 4th place with 13 points

Electric Nitwit

Light and Day - The Polyphonic Spree

Just love this track, when it was used in Scrubs that time it was so perfect and I’ve been in love ever since. So tough to place this given the quality at the top of the rankings. That Scrubs scene fyi….

Wellity well… EN levels proceedings with Shane and finishes on 109 points… could it be a tie at the top of the Walrus table?

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

So I need EN and LeVar to both finish bottom three, that ain't happening.

Not mad about the low scoring songs but I came third in the video game round to the Mortal Kombat theme (which is from the movie not the games!) and a freaking random Placebo song!

And for the final time it brings us to our final 6…..

Homer J. Fong

Barna77

Cee_jay

fixXxer

JP Liz V1

And of course….

Also Starring LeVar Burton

Is it wrong I am wishing this gif on LeVar so I can hold onto my 3rd place??? ;)

giphy.gif

In 14th place with 3 points

fixXxer

Queens of the Stone Age - Feel Good Hit of the Summer

Not sure what’s so ‘Feel Good’ about this? Seems like all the bad things rolled into a big ball and repeated ad infinitum. It’s a no from me.

71 points for fix, it’s not in the challenging places but it’s a very good score nonetheless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

ari101 wrote: »
    Is it wrong I am wishing this gif on LeVar so I can hold onto my 3rd place??? ;)

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

In 3rd place with 14 points

Also Starring LeVar Burton

Keith Urban - Long Hot Summer

Just captures the overall vibe I was thinking about, probably better than most songs submitted tbh. As I said it was very close with the previous higher placed songs and this and in the end it came down to a gut call. This won out… JUST.

Hahahaha this annoyed me when I did up the scores (the ties), but anyways I’m sticking with it – LeVar levels proceedings to join Electric Nitwit and ShaneU on 109 points!!!

I could have jingled around the places but I honestly didn't think it was fair on any of the three guys at the top.

In 15th place with 2 points

Homer J. Fong

Hollow Coves – Coastline

I’m not sure why I’m not vibing on this song, I can’t quite put my finger on it. The title suits the category but the song itself sort of contradicts that? Moving far away to a sunny place he says, well he could be a bit happier about it!!!

Homer finishes the proceedings on 67 points. A category win goes home with him though so he should not be disheartened. Really enjoyed some of your submissions.

I'm going to need a hug...
    giphy.gif

In 2nd place with 15 points

JP Liz V1

Nicki Minaj - Starships

This is a real guilty pleasure song of mine. I can’t help but enjoy it even though I really shouldn’t. Perfect for the category too, great choice.

102 points in total for Liz. That’s a phenomenal run, well done and thank you for the entries!

In 16th place with 1 point

Barna77

Astrud Gilberto, Joao Gilberto & Stan Getz - The Girl from Ipanema

I get the summer vibe off this song surely, problem is it’s infuriatingly annoying. Your man can’t sing (cue Barna telling me he’s some sort of Spanish legend lol). It actually was growing on me a little with a few more listens but it’s far too long as well. 3 mins running time would be plenty for this imo.

65 points for Barna. Not too shabby… well, we will always have Pure Shores, at least :o

AND our final First place, coming in with 16 points….

Cee_jay

DNCE - Cake By The Ocean

Cracking summer song, it was close with the others at the top (Top 5 in particular) but this chorus just won out in the end, I love it. All together now YA YA YA YA YA AHHHHH, CAKE BY THE OCEAN!

And cee_jay finishes up with 106 points… it’s close but no cigar unfortunately….

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Jesus Necro, The Girl From Ipanema last???

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Myself, Shane, and Nitty right now...

giphy.gif

Necro be like...

giphy.gif

Congrats lads!

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Necro wrote: »

I get the summer vibe off this song surely, problem is it’s infuriatingly annoying. Your man can’t sing (cue Barna telling me he’s some sort of Spanish legend lol). It actually was growing on me a little with a few more listens but it’s far too long as well. 3 mins running time would be plenty for this imo.

I'll let wikipedia tell you :pac:

João Gilberto (born João Gilberto Prado Pereira de Oliveira – Portuguese: [ʒuˈɐ̃w ʒiwˈbɛʁtu]; June 10, 1931 – July 6, 2019), was a Brazilian singer, songwriter, and guitarist, who was a pioneer of the musical genre of bossa nova in the late 1950s. Around the world he was often called "father of bossa nova"; in his native Brazil, he was referred to as "O Mito" ("The Legend").

:D:D:D:D

How could you put that song last :eek:

Advertisement