Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Buy a 212 or wait for 221?

• 01-06-2021 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭

Folks. Financially, with a view to trading in 3 or 4 years time, would I better getting a new car in August 2021 or waiting till next January 2022? Does it make any difference in the real world? Car I want is only available in August. Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,617 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

If the car you want is only available in August you've answered your own question.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 989 ✭✭✭ineedeuro

Bif wrote: »
    Folks. Financially, with a view to trading in 3 or 4 years time, would I better getting a new car in August 2021 or waiting till next January 2022? Does it make any difference in the real world? Car I want is only available in August. Thanks.

No

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bif

If the car you want is only available in August you've answered your own question.
    Apologies for lack of clarity. With production lead in times it will only be available in August so would I better off to wait until Jan?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

Sure might as well wait for 222, looks better on the plate:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,260 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

212 car will be deemed 4 year old if trading in january 2025. 221 will be 3 year old.
    I wouldnt ever buy a second half of year car new.
    Wise money might be on a 211 pre reg. At least if trading that in in january 25, it will be seem as 4 year old but at least you biught it that bit cheaper to cover that.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 989 ✭✭✭ineedeuro

Bif wrote: »
    Apologies for lack of clarity. With production lead in times it will only be available in August so would I better off to wait until Jan?

No

The garage won't hold onto it till Jan for you so you will hit Jan, order it and will be told it will be off production in March.

bidiots wrote: »
    Sure might as well wait for 222, looks better on the plate:D

If you're going to do that, you may consider a 231 instead :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

ineedeuro wrote: »
    No

The garage won't hold onto it till Jan for you so you will hit Jan, order it and will be told it will be off production in March.

Or order in Oct/Nov for Jan delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

Have you a trade in ? If so how much will your car depreciate by between Aug this year and Jan next ? Not really an issue with older cars , but more of a factor to consider, if you've a 2-3 year old car now

Advertisement