Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vrt

• 13-10-2020 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

Hi i am looking to buy audi a4 from NI/UK. around 2015 but from what I'm hearing there going to be change in vrt now I'm wondering best buy now and change it. Does anyone know the changes they taking in ? Thanks any advice please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,111 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Nobody here knows yet. The budget is only being announced later today so the only ones who know what changes are being made at the moment is the Minister for Finance. Any changes to VRT most likely will not come into effect until January 1st if previous changes are anything to go by.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Don't forget to factor in the NOx charge

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

It's being announced right now. Engine size will be the major increase and nox as poster above said. Only the most polluting cars will be penalised in VRT. Probably pre-08.

Minister Donohoe says VRT reliefs for Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicles and hybrids will be allowed to expire and relief for Battery Electric Vehicles to be tapered.

The Nitrogen Oxide surcharge bands are being adjusted so that higher NOx emitting vehicles will pay more.

On Motor Tax, rates will remain unchanged for all cars in the engine sized regime and all but the most pollutant cars in the post-2008 regime.

A third Motor Tax table for cars registered from 1 January 2021 is being opened to take account of the introduction of the WLTP emissions test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭nsnoefc1878

bazz26 wrote: »
    Minister Donohoe says VRT reliefs for Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicles and hybrids will be allowed to expire and relief for Battery Electric Vehicles to be tapered.

The Nitrogen Oxide surcharge bands are being adjusted so that higher NOx emitting vehicles will pay more.

On Motor Tax, rates will remain unchanged for all cars in the engine sized regime and all but the most pollutant cars in the post-2008 regime.

A third Motor Tax table for cars registered from 1 January 2021 is being opened to take account of the introduction of the WLTP emissions test.

Thats hilarious, ev adoption is pitiful, how will that help?
    When do the vrt changes announced kick in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭ClutchIt

Changes apply from Jan 2021

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭ClutchIt

I'm looking at importing a hybrid from the UK next year... any idea what affect this budget has on the VRT for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭buzzing147

Im looking at a late 2015 audi in the north, dealership said the vrt is 2394 and nox is 440, so total is 2834.
    Just wondering if they're calculations are correct, before purchasing? Don't want to go to vrt office and find out the total is over 4000

I looked the car up on the vrt calculator site but keeps coming up with different vrt prices, not consistent.

You need to check if the car was registered in NI or UK. If registered in the UK/GB you will need to pay import.

It's really not worth it now. You'll get as good a deal South

• Registered Users Posts: 73,381 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

You need the actual nox figure from the V5. Euro 6 only became mandatory in late 2015 so there’s a small chance it’s either.

Post a link to the particular car if you can.

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote: »
    You need the actual nox figure from the V5. Euro 6 only became mandatory in late 2015 so there’s a small chance it’s either.

Post a link to the particular car if you can.

That's the car there, although tempted by the newer model 2016 onwards, b8 getting slightly outdated. Wonder is the vrt correct?

https://www.patkirk.com/used-car-details/used-audi-a4-tdi-ultra-se-technik-one-own-saloon-black-manual-diesel/id-12579/

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭brian_gall85

Pat Kirk is a fairly big dealer in this part of the world along the border.

I'd imagine they'll have all his homework done re VRT as it would be second nature to them.

The Ultras are Euro6 so no worries there.

Thanks for replys, yea was worried maybe vrt be even higher. Tried putting details in vrt site but kept getting different prices

The Ultras are Euro6 so no worries there.

Yea can see ultra on back, I thought they were only in the 16 onwards b9 models, from the shape it looks like a b8, build in sat nav etc not pop up? Or is it a b9?

buzzing147 wrote: »
    Yea can see ultra on back, I thought they were only in the 16 onwards b9 models, from the shape it looks like a b8, build in sat nav etc not pop up? Or is it a b9?

They were available on the b8 from 2014.

I’m getting €2394 for the Co2 VRT anyway.
    Stat code 44288150
    OMSP €13302

I’m getting €2394 for the Co2 VRT anyway.
    Stat code 44288150
    OMSP €13302

Cheers, looks like 2394 so not too high. How long can you drive in uk reg in republic before having to pay vrt and get nct etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

It was mentioned already.
    The car must be NI or a GB car brought into NI before 1/1/21

Oh and just register for the VRT asap.
    Think it's 30 days max. But getting caught after is an expensive ball-ache

It was mentioned already.
    The car must be NI or a GB car brought into NI before 1/1/21

Oh and just register for the VRT asap.
    Think it's 30 days max. But getting caught after is an expensive ball-ache

Is it nct first and then vrt?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

vrt before nct

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

Is it nct first and then vrt?

No.
    The nct centres provide the service for revenue of collecting vrt.

You book a slot to pay vrt at an nct centre.
    Bring all the paperwork.

No.
    The nct centres provide the service for revenue of collecting vrt.

You book a slot to pay vrt at an nct centre.
    Bring all the paperwork.

Ah ok, yea there's a vrt office at my local nct centre, do they do an nct on the car also or just an examination for vrt price purposes

The VRT and NCT are 2 separate processes but are both handled by the NCT centre. You first have to VRT the car in order to be issued an Irish registration number. You can book an NCT appointment a few days later once the Irish registration appears on the NCT database. You cannot book or do both at the same time.

The VRT and NCT are 2 separate processes but are both handled by the NCT centre. You first have to VRT the car in order to be issued an Irish registration number. You can book an NCT appointment a few days later once the Irish registration appears on the NCT database. You cannot book or do both at the same time.

Ah ok cheers, do you have to pay vrt the day you go in to get the price? Or come back later when they tell you the correct price?

There is a VRT FAQ page on the NCT.ie website > https://www.ncts.ie/vrt-home/vrt-faq/

There is a VRT FAQ page on the NCT.ie website > https://www.ncts.ie/vrt-home/vrt-faq/

Going slightly off topic but wondering do the 2015 onwards 2.0 ultra engines have timing chains? My current a4 has a belt, changed every 5 years.

Going slightly off topic but wondering do the 2015 onwards 2.0 ultra engines have timing chains? My current a4 has a belt, changed every 5 years.

Timing belt, even on the B9

Advertisement