Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Necrus Revisited (Part Three) REVEAL Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

Trigger wrote: »
    tenor.gif

You love it really :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

cee_jay wrote: »
    You love it really :P

God, I really don't

Necro wrote: »
    MEANING

In 1st place with 16 points

LeVar

Florida Georgia Line ft. Nelly - Cruise (Remix)

Perfect fit for this category, with added bonus of country :D This would have fitted in the summer category as well, I wonder how your actual entry will fare because this is very likely top 3 there… before I did preference listens of course. Deserving winner and a perfect track for cruising to in good weather, like today!

Great choice! Well deserving of top spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

Whenever I'm back on Lakeshore Drive I'll be blasting More than a Feeling, which was my first choice... :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Some interesting changes to the table after that round....

Let's take a looksee...

Position Name Song Score
    1st Also Starring LeVar Burton Florida Georgia Line ft. Nelly - Cruise (Remix) 16
    2nd Electric Nitwit My Favourite Game - The Cardigans 15
    3rd the purple tin Chuck Berry - No Particular Place To Go 14
    4th cee_jay Paradise By The Dashboard Lights - Meatloaf 13
    5th Sawduck Asia - Heat Of The Moment 12
    6th JP Liz V1 Badlands - Bruce Springsteen 11
    7th Homer J. Fong The War on Drugs - Red Eyes 10
    8th ari101 The Killers - Human 9
    9th Trigger More than a feeling - Boston 8
    10th fixXxer Metallica - Fuel 7
    11th Deja Boo The Marshall Tucker Band - Can't You See 6
    12th Kolido Cyndi Lauper - I Drove All Night 5
    13th ShaneU The Edgar Winter Group - Free Ride 4
    14th Necrina Pink - Just Give Me A Reason 3
    15th Irish Aris Garbage-Cherry Lips 2
    16th Barna77 Interstate Kyle - Lake Shore Drive 1

Name Improved by Video Video Game Music Song from a genre not usually listened to Song from a Musical 90s Round TV Themes Driving Miss Walrus Scene Music In My Hometown Summer Choons Total
    Deja Boo 12 3 11 7 2 1 6 42
    Also Starring LeVar Burton 8 10 12 15 6 7 16 74
    Kolido 15 2 1 10 16 9 5 58
    ShaneU 16 14 14 2 12 16 4 78
    the purple tin 10 1 3 1 9 4 13 41
    Homer J. Fong 5 16 2 4 5 12 10 54
    Necrina 14 11 6 5 10 15 3 64
    JP Liz V1 12 15 5 12 3 2 11 60
    Sawduck 4 5 7 8 4 5 12 45
    cee_jay 13 13 4 14 11 11 14 80
    ari101 9 6 16 13 14 13 9 80
    Barna77 2 9 10 3 13 8 1 46
    Irish Aris 7 7 8 9 7 6 2 46
    Trigger 11 12 9 6 15 10 8 71
    fixXxer 3 4 15 11 1 3 7 44
    Electric Nitwit 6 8 13 16 8 14 15 80

It's a traffic jam (hehe, driving round joke) at the top as Shane gets usurped by not one, not two - but THREE players who all join in the hunt for the win on 80 points each

EN, cee_jay and ari now lead the way, but this far from over with Shane only two points behind and LeVar and Trigger within striking distance of the top as well.

Down the bottom, the purple tin's big score here has closed the gap in the spoon race, he's only one point behind Deja Boo now...

Three rounds to go, next up

SCENE MUSIC!!

Gonna do that category solo as it's definitely worth watching the songs alongside the scenes for each to see whether you agree/disagree with my choices tomorrow.

Kicking off from 9pm with this one... then we will have our grand finale finish with a double round reveal probably Tuesday, but maybe later depending on other goings on in the forum...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Just took some lovely Halloumi Fries out of the oven at the same time Necro posted the #1 spot...

They taste like victory... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

Was expecting to not still be doing so well over all :pac:

If I was submitting now rather than back then it would be either of these:

Keeps coming in the radio when I'm in the car and I can't help bopping along.

Not an Ed fan but might have been blasting it up the motorway when this was on the radio, the rhythm is great :D

Maybe I'm better off sticking with The Killers :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

So this was a new one for me. I really enjoyed making songs fit into the scenes provided by the fabulous Reberetta in their walrus previously so was looking forward to judging this round a lot.

Here’s what I would have used for each scene…

Star Wars

Saving Private Ryan

I personally thought the Star Wars scene was more difficult to get something to fit correctly, I’m not even that happy with my own but how did y’all fare?

Find out tomorrow from 9pm!!

#doomed

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

ari101 wrote: »
    #doomed

Same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,921 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

ari101 wrote: »
    #doomed

Barna77 wrote: »
    Same

Yep same :o

So this was a new one for me. I really enjoyed making songs fit into the scenes provided by the fabulous Reberetta in their walrus previously so was looking forward to judging this round a lot.

Here’s what I would have used for each scene…

Star Wars

Saving Private Ryan

I personally thought the Star Wars scene was more difficult to get something to fit correctly, I’m not even that happy with my own but how did y’all fare?

Find out tomorrow from 9pm!!

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952d423003d6615ddc68482477954d8f1040221a764&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

• Registered Users Posts: 4,934 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

I will definitely be in competition for the spoon, not feeling confident for any of my remaining selections.

giphy.gif

I was pretty satisfied with my scene music pick, considering I was completely stumped by that round at first.....but I haven't seen either movie, so it may have been extremely ill-fitting with the rest of the film and I'd be none the wiser!

Also Necro might simply hate it, but that's his problem. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 84,921 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

From tonight's selections I must rewatch Ally McBeal and Angel

I was pretty satisfied with my scene music pick, considering I was completely stumped by that round at first.....but I haven't seen either movie, so it may have been extremely ill-fitting with the rest of the film and I'd be none the wiser!

Also Necro might simply hate it, but that's his problem. :p

Well... what I will say in respect of the round is that I scored the song out of 10 and then how it fitted the scene (in my own opinion of course) out of 10 as well.

So if I don't like the song but it fitted the scene it still could do very well in this round.

]

It's a traffic jam (hehe, driving round joke) at the top as Shane gets usurped by not one, not two - but THREE players who all join in the hunt for the win on 80 points each

EN, cee_jay and ari now lead the way, but this far from over with Shane only two points behind and LeVar and Trigger within striking distance of the top as well.

Down the bottom, the purple tin's big score here has closed the gap in the spoon race, he's only one point behind Deja Boo now...

Three rounds to go, next up

SCENE MUSIC!!

Gonna do that category solo as it's definitely worth watching the songs alongside the scenes for each to see whether you agree/disagree with my choices tomorrow.

Kicking off from 9pm with this one... then we will have our grand finale finish with a double round reveal probably Tuesday, but maybe later depending on other goings on in the forum...

I have reached my peak. It is all downhill from here!
    I apologize to all Star Wars fans in advance :pac:

Well... what I will say in respect of the round is that I scored the song out of 10 and then how it fitted the scene (in my own opinion of course) out of 10 as well.

So if I don't like the song but it fitted the scene it still could do very well in this round.

giphy.gif

:pac::pac::pac:

Necro, please pretend the lyrics are about the Nazi's gunning down the Americans and not about a marriage break up (I works if you really put your mind to it)

tenor.gif

• Advertisement

Haha! My notes on this next round are probably the most extensive I've ever done for a Walrus round, to hopefully give y'all an insight into how I felt each one delivered... or didn't. :pac:

Trigger wrote: »
    Necro, please pretend the lyrics are about the Nazi's gunning down the Americans and not about a marriage break up (I works if you really put your mind to it)

tenor.gif

Necro if it helps, for mine, please forget all about "Eurovision" and just think "Invasion in Europe"... there's a lot of the same letters in both, so it shouldn't be too hard... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,657 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

In 3rd place with 14 points, Electric Nitwit
    Riverboat Song - Ocean Colour Scene (TFI Friday)
    In 2nd place with 15 points, Electric Nitwit
    The Cardigans – My Favourite Game

Quite the one two tonight, take that Shane :p

5bix4e.gif

Whoa whoa whoa, you said nothing about rating the song on its own merits! I've gone an picked another damn instrumental :o

Incidentally, is there an easy way to overlay a song onto a video? I tried to pick one that fit but had to mess around with music on the speakers and the scene on the tele, I suspect I was being a luddite

Starting to think Necro just hates Deja Boo...

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 13,428 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

giphy.gif
    :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,428 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Haha! My notes on this next round are probably the most extensive I've ever done for a Walrus round, to hopefully give y'all an insight into how I felt each one delivered... or didn't. :pac:

3213.gif

Hey Deja...

ScholarlyHarshAmericanlobster-max-1mb.gif

:D

I went Star Wars too and after trying about 20 wide ranging songs I finally shoehorned something in there! :pac: oh well, I'll come to share in the collective misery tonight regardless ;)

• Advertisement

Hey Deja...

ScholarlyHarshAmericanlobster-max-1mb.gif

:D

Wait, where did the madness go? I loved the madness, it was like a novel!

Advertisement