Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Graham Dwyer - latest

Options
  • 30-05-2021 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

Seems like Ireland’s most sick of sick depraved sadistic citizens ever is getting the EU Courts to make a judgement on the legality of the state gathering and using his mobile phone data to convict him. Doe this mean he is possibly one step closer to freedom if he succeeds….?

Then the question arises if he was released would he be given a new identify In Case be was harassed/assaulted/battered by someone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

The sauce for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Tazium

biko wrote: »
    The sauce for this?

Whatever flavour you like but use a large pinch of salt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

The sauce for this?

Ketchup….I take it you mean ‘source’…..?

Story in today’s ‘Sindo’

• Registered Users Posts: 15,281 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

The sauce for this?

See references to this on social media.

What’s that mean ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

See references to this on social media.

What’s that mean ?
    Sauce just means source. Internet lingo for a long time now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭Augme

I'll be amazed if you could find a jury who were willing to find him not guilty in a re-trial.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Augme wrote: »
    I'll be amazed if you could find a jury who were willing to find him not guilty in a re-trial.

But would it make it to another trial due to how infamous the case already is ,

Why would you think he could get a new identity?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭JackTC

Could anything serious come of this or are just stringing him along to make him happy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

JackTC wrote: »
    Could anything serious come of this or are just stringing him along to make him happy?

If successful other cases and other appeals could be influenced in favour of criminals

• Registered Users Posts: 15,281 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

KungPao wrote: »
    Sauce just means source. Internet lingo for a long time now.

Sort of like an American accent saying source?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Del Boy

His poor wife. Imagine him coming knocking on the door wanting to see his kids. Surely the EU court couldn't rule against using mobile data in such a case.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭crooked cockney villain

Augme wrote: »

Not sure it would be up to them. Fairly sure I've seen cases where a judge ordered the jury to deliver a not guilty because whatever procedures were meant to be adhered to had fallen short.
    Del Boy wrote: »
    His poor wife. Imagine him coming knocking on the door wanting to see his kids. Surely the EU court couldn't rule against using mobile data in such a case.

I'm assuming they are now divorced, and that even if he was to be found not guilty she could argue that the videos he took of himself tortuing women, along with his absolutely batshyt manifesto found on his laptop, would be more than enough to prevent access.

Thing is, from reading about the case at the time, Dwyer was a man obsessed with his standing in society.

When he is released, he will never work at anything again, let alone a high paid job like architect. His home is gone, his wife and kids have left him, he effectively has nothing left to live for. He will go from a six figure earning homeowner in Foxrock to an unemployed loner living with his parents in small town Cork (unless he has a few quid from the house sale)

That, in my view, makes him more dangerous than ever. He could do an abduction and kill himself before capture.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Del Boy wrote: »

Courts only deal in law. They have to rule according to what the law says, they can't let emotions come into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭Augme

Gatling wrote: »
    But would it make it to another trial due to how infamous the case already is ,

Don't think you can't re try someone just because of how infamous he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,280 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Isn’t it rumoured the reason the Garda haven’t gone after gangland here using the encrypted phone evidence they have like there counterparts around Europe is until the outcome of Dwyer’s challenge is heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

JackTC wrote: »

Serious enough if the Sindo reporting is true. They said Dwyer is expected to win his European case at the end of June and then use that ruling to appeal his conviction here. It says he could be released from prison by the end of this year pending a re-trial. If there is a re-trial the media will have a field day getting to re-hash all that salacious evidence again.

Id also imagine this ruling will have knock on consequences for other convictions that were based on mobile phone data

Would there ever be a re trial, I'm pretty sure it's impossible to re try for the same offence

• Registered Users Posts: 3,398 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

Would there ever be a re trial, I'm pretty sure it's impossible to re try for the same offence

If the appeal rendered the original trial was in err due to part of the evidence being illegaly obtained then they could retrial

But it would be impossible to get a fair trial after

given his guilt

The whole trial hung on the mobile geo data

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Glaceon

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Id also imagine this ruling will have knock on consequences for other convictions that were based on mobile phone data
    Joe O'Reilly would be rubbing his hands I'm sure. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭LMHC

Is it not already a done deal. Alan Wilson won the same ruling. If he wins it hell never do another day in jail. Unsafe conviction then due to media hyperbole he will have an "unfair retrial" Graham more then likely back on his sick websites come end of summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

If the appeal rendered the original trial was in err due to part of the evidence being illegaly obtained then they could retrial

But it would be impossible to get a fair trial after

given his guilt

The whole trial hung on the mobile geo data

There wasn't much hard evidence against Dwyer to be honest. Take away the phone evidence and he could walk in a retrial.

No unless your acquitted retrial is fine. Mark farrelly tiger kidnapper 3 trials I think it was on same offence.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Isn’t it rumoured the reason the Garda haven’t gone after gangland here using the encrypted phone evidence they have like there counterparts around Europe is until the outcome of Dwyer’s challenge is heard.

Actually it isn’t. Someone I know does it for the Gardaí.

His evidence was used in this case and the hotel shooting, plus many more.

The details of it are extremely interesting, I don’t think this appeal has a hope.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Brian? wrote: »
    Actually it isn’t. Someone I know does it for the Gardaí.

His evidence was used in this case and the hotel shooting, plus many more.

The details of it are extremely interesting, I don’t think this appeal has a hope.

Really? Your obviously sleeping on the moon. His appeal won in the Irish courts they appealed it. He's winning it

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

LMHC wrote: »
    Really? Your obviously sleeping on the moon. His appeal won in the Irish courts they appealed it. He's winning it

We’ll see. If he does a lot of people are getting out of jail all over Europe. The same methods are used everywhere

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/mobile-phone-records-not-given-to-alan-wilson-jury-30479404.html

This was the start of Grahams action, leading to him winning his action in irish courts then the state appealed to Europe.

If you live in foxrock and your daughter or ma is a kinkster lock her up. Hereesss Johnny.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/state-set-to-lose-european-court-case-over-graham-dwyer-s-mobile-phone-records-1.4410016?mode=amp

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Speedline

We’ll see. If he does a lot of people are getting out of jail all over Europe. The same methods are used everywhere

I think the issue in Dwyers case is data retention, or more so how long they are allowed retain it for. I could be way off track though.

• Advertisement

Not never country refers to the Europeans courts. We do.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement