Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Will you get the Covid vaccine if offered it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭xalot

I got an email from the Rotunda last night asking if I wanted to register for the vaccine, the strange thing is that I'm a Coombe patient! I did have my panorama test with them so maybe I'm also on their system.

I've put my details into the form, figure it cant do any harm. Has anyone else received anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Mildred22

I’m 15 weeks so I’m not in the cohurt that holles street has invited but I emailed today to say my bmi is high
    So I’m hoping I get pushed forward! I’m keen to get it! I got a reply saying someone will contact me so fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Kerry25x

I got both Pfizer doses in December/January, very early in my pregnancy (before I even knew I was pregnant). Everything has been going great since then. I'm really happy to have the extra protection for me and my baby. It definitely does give peace of mind.

I think there's talks now of needing a 3rd booster dose after 6 months or so (haven't been keeping up with the latest news), I'd have no problem getting it if required. It really warms my heart when I see the studies coming out of USA showing babies of vaccinated mothers being born with their own covid antibodies. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

I'm almost 10 weeks. My first son was stillborn at 42 weeks due to placental insufficiency. I'll definitely be nervous getting it, but if I make it to 14 weeks I will take it. As I see it the risks from covid are very real and potentially devestating. I know that stillbirth can happen and I know the shattering consequences. Of course there's a risk that in the future there will be an unforeseen consequence, it's not ideal to be taking meds without long term studies. We're in a pandemic though so it's about making an educated decision based on information available.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭uptheduffagain

Thumpette wrote: »
    I'm almost 10 weeks. My first son was stillborn at 42 weeks due to placental insufficiency. I'll definitely be nervous getting it, but if I make it to 14 weeks I will take it. As I see it the risks from covid are very real and potentially devestating. I know that stillbirth can happen and I know the shattering consequences. Of course there's a risk that in the future there will be an unforeseen consequence, it's not ideal to be taking meds without long term studies. We're in a pandemic though so it's about making an educated decision based on information available.

So sorry you went through such an awful experience, thanks so much for sharing.

Claire Byrne had a few experts on her radio programme this morning, they answered specific questions about pregnancy, the vaccine, fertility and the various risks. It was really clear and informative and definitely helped me make up my mind. You can listen back here, it's about 15 mins long:

https://www.rte.ie/radio/radioplayer/html5/#/radio1/21953805

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Thumpette wrote: »

Thumpette, I had to step in and say congratulations.I'm aware of your story, and I am absolutely delighted for you.I hope it all goes well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

shesty wrote: »
    Thumpette, I had to step in and say congratulations.I'm aware of your story, and I am absolutely delighted for you.I hope it all goes well.

I thought the exact same thing when I read your post, Thumpette...recognise your story and am just over the moon for you and your family! Wishing you all the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Sarah1916

I got my text on Friday asking me if I want to take the vaccine on Wed - I am attending the Coombe. They are vaccinating all women from 32-36 weeks on the one day in Citywest on Wednesday. Delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Minier81

Sarah1916 wrote: »
    I got my text on Friday asking me if I want to take the vaccine on Wed - I am attending the Coombe. They are vaccinating all women from 32-36 weeks on the one day in Citywest on Wednesday. Delighted.

Brilliant Sarah, glad you got sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭aidom

Holles Street have just put a post up on Twitter asking people to email covidvaccine@nmh.ie if they haven't already been contacted with an appointment.

I emailed this morning, got a call from a midwife at lunch and now have an appointment for a vaccine this weekend.

They were very prepared to talk through any concerns or questions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Mildred22

I got my vaccine on Friday 16weeks, In the aviva, I have to say it was a great system pregnant people don’t que I was in and out in 20mins and no side effects bad a sore arm to for 12 hours! It is such a relief to have it done.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Still waiting here in Waterford for a call. Already 35 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 An tAlbanach

Still waiting for our vaccine at 35+2 down Waterford.
    So frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭chooey

I got mine this morning at 34w2 days. Feel ok so far apart from a tender arm. They were giving every pregnant woman moderna this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Absolutely, because the people around me (parents mostly) just don't seem to care about the risk to me and my baby. Despite me telling then numerous times about the risk of placentitis, sending them articles etc. Running out to Lidl for plants and to hardware shops for tins of paint they "need". Sorry, rant! So selfish :( Anyway haven't been offered it yet and am 32 weeks. Can we call and request it?

chooey wrote: »
    I got mine this morning at 34w2 days. Feel ok so far apart from a tender arm. They were giving every pregnant woman moderna this morning

Do you mind if I ask are you required to attend for a second or is that a one shot one?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Laugh_a_minute

Antares35 wrote: »
    Do you mind if I ask are you required to attend for a second or is that a one shot one?

Moderna is a two shot. Second in four weeks although I wasn't given a return appointment, I presume that'll be a text update.

I know you're worried, but running into Lidl and Woodies isn't the riskiest activity going.

I'm with NMH and emailed them to get an appointment. Check in with your hospital on social media to see if they how they are offering vaccines.

Moderna is a two shot. Second in four weeks although I wasn't given a return appointment, I presume that'll be a text update.

I know you're worried, but running into Lidl and Woodies isn't the riskiest activity going.

I'm with NMH and emailed them to get an appointment. Check in with your hospital on social media to see if they how they are offering vaccines.

Thanks :) To me every interaction counts, and it is a small compromise to ask them not to take unnecessary risks until their granddaughter arrives safe. :) I've emailed NMH this morning so fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Laugh_a_minute

Hope you hear from them soon, check out the October thread someone has an update there ðŸ‘

Hope you hear from them soon, check out the October thread someone has an update there ðŸ‘

Great thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭uptheduffagain

Thanks :) To me every interaction counts, and it is a small compromise to ask them not to take unnecessary risks until their granddaughter arrives safe. :) I've emailed NMH this morning so fingers crossed.

Hiya, just in case you mailed the general enquiries email - the Covid specific one is covidvaccine@nmh.ie. Someone called me within a couple of days.

Got my first Moderna vaccine at City West this morning, glad to have it done. Feeling fine so far, except for a very sore arm.

Really grateful to all the staff and volunteers, but it was really busy and I was in queue (well, several queues) for at least half an hour before I got to register... it's a long time for heavily pregnant women to be standing in a queue. I was flagging by the end! There were a lot of pregnant women there this morning, which was very reassuring to see. But a few seats along the way would have been very welcome. Just something to bear in mind if you're quite far along.

Hiya, just in case you mailed the general enquiries email - the Covid specific one is covidvaccine@nmh.ie. Someone called me within a couple of days.

Got my first Moderna vaccine at City West this morning, glad to have it done. Feeling fine so far, except for a very sore arm.

Really grateful to all the staff and volunteers, but it was really busy and I was in queue (well, several queues) for at least half an hour before I got to register... it's a long time for heavily pregnant women to be standing in a queue. I was flagging by the end! There were a lot of pregnant women there this morning, which was very reassuring to see. But a few seats along the way would have been very welcome. Just something to bear in mind if you're quite far along.

Brilliant thanks for the information! I emailed that one and got an automated response to provide mobile which I stupidly hadn't (didn't make the connection they'd need it with the IT systems affected lol) so emailed again. Fingers crossed now :)

Yeah I have to get a second. It's meant to be four weeks later however I'll have to wait until after the baby is born so it will probably be about six weeks before I get the next one.
    There were so many pregnant women there this morning. It was great to see.

Yeah I have to get a second. It's meant to be four weeks later however I'll have to wait until after the baby is born so it will probably be about six weeks before I get the next one.
    There were so many pregnant women there this morning. It was great to see.

It's brilliant they've finally decided to prioritise us!

It's brilliant they've finally decided to prioritise us!

Definitely. Hopefully you'll hear soon. I'm relieved as I'm booked in for a second in just under 5 weeks so it's nice to have at least some protection as I'll have to stay a few nights in the hospital

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 415 ✭✭johnmck

"Big Pharma tells pregnant women that one glass of wine or unpasteurized juice (which they make no profits from) can be harmful to their unborn chilld—but an experimental, non-fda approved vaccine with no long term trials (which earns them billions) is perfectly safe.

LOL."

Candace Owens

Definitely. Hopefully you'll hear soon. I'm relieved as I'm booked in for a second in just under 5 weeks so it's nice to have at least some protection as I'll have to stay a few nights in the hospital

That's the big worry. Although it's good they've lifted restrictions for partners, I was worried about being in a public ward with loads of partners coming in and out, and the risk that would pose to the newborns. Am I right thinking immunity transfers to the baby? I was actually going to ask for ETH because of it, and had toyed with the idea of a home birth but my last labour is still fresh in my mind and I'm too chicken to to home birth without the option of epidural :D

That's the big worry. Although it's good they've lifted restrictions for partners, I was worried about being in a public ward with loads of partners coming in and out, and the risk that would pose to the newborns. Am I right thinking immunity transfers to the baby? I was actually going to ask for ETH because of it, and had toyed with the idea of a home birth but my last labour is still fresh in my mind and I'm too chicken to to home birth without the option of epidural :D

Yeah I'd read that some immunity passes on to the baby which is super. My last post was meant to say section, not second :) It's definitely a worry having to stay on a public ward for the few days

Yeah I'd read that some immunity passes on to the baby which is super. My last post was meant to say section, not second :) It's definitely a worry having to stay on a public ward for the few days

Best of luck with it :)

• Advertisement

Best of luck with it :)

Thanks, you too!!

Advertisement