Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2021 General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭appledrop

Yipee sun shinning here now, I obviously just got up too early!

This is more like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,107 ✭✭✭highdef

It's lovely here drinking a mugga tae in my garden now. About 3/8 cloudcover and no real wind. Already got warmth in the sun.

Not quite there yet about 15/20km west of you. Very cloudy but bright however can see blue patches to my east, out your way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,759 ✭✭✭sporina

namloc1980 wrote: »
    The cloud is stubbornly hanging on. :(

my thoughts exactly.. its like an Olympic Race in a meteorological sense.. ... clouds are strong but no.. wait a min.. here comes the sun... its breaking thru.. and its passing the clouds out.. and yes... sun is now in the lead.. :) (the sun literally just came out as I was typing this) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 48,129 ✭✭✭✭km79

Cloudy but very warm in south mayo
    CLOSE OUT !

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭spoonerhead

Summer in Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,811 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Wall to wall cloud in Cork and not going anywhere anytime soon. Only 13c.

Same yesterday too.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,129 ✭✭✭✭km79

km79 wrote: »
    Cloudy but very warm in south mayo
    CLOSE OUT !

Sun splitting the rocks now

• Registered Users Posts: 18,055 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Clouds are finally relenting and the sun is coming out and it's nice and warm.

East Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

Wall to wall cloud it actually looks more likely to rain than the sun to come out. 14 degrees. Sizzling indeed!

Summer has arrived in Dublin.

Beautiful sunshine and can actually wear a summer dress without being cold!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

Cloudy overcast and looks like it could rain here in Firhouse D24!
    Ridiculous weather.
    So fed up with constant grey (hate that so-called "colour") and lack of sunshine.
    Yes we've had it on and off the last few days but mainly off
    Delighted for those elsewhere who are getting sunshine.
    Meanwhile on with cloud and dull conditions here.

Genuine question would there be that much difference in weather as seen by the last 2 posts in this thread in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,570 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

It was sunny in Dublin earlier now it's more cloudy with the odd bit of sun breaking through.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Genuine question would there be that much difference in weather as seen by the last 2 posts in this thread in Dublin?

yes there would be. Coastal parts of Dublin are sunny but further inland, there is high cloud. I'm sort of in the middle of the two zones, the sun is shining but there is a lot of high cloud around, especially to my west.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Artane2002 wrote: »
    yes there would be. Coastal parts of Dublin are sunny but further inland, there is high cloud. I'm sort of in the middle of the two zones, the sun is shining but there is a lot of high cloud around, especially to my west.

Cloudy now in Dublin 16 but can see clear blue sky to my east.

It's 100% the case. We live by coast and drove over to mountains here in Southside and its like a different day!

Should have stayed on Northside!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,677 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

same thing here in Meath, blue skies to my east, wall of high cloud to my west.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭Mimon

Probably half and half sun and clouds the last couple of hours after being totally sunny for a couple of hours earlier. East Westmeath.

Not complaining, just not used to the heat in my sun trap garden so some relief from the sun welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Rush beach was amazing earlier.

No sun at all pretty cloudy all day dry but disappointing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Started out cloudy in west cork, sunny and warm now though. Lovely!

Sunny all day here in Arklow
    Bit of a tan going on
    Sea breeze beautiful
    Circa 15-16c most of the day

• Registered Users Posts: 10,024 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Clew Bay Co.Mayo this evening. Very little wind . Great to be out on a boat again

woo hoo - twas sunny and hot in Midleton Cork today from 1pm onwards - we had lunch in the park :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,335 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Had a glorious day in slea head today.
    Spent time sitting on the beach while the kids were in the sea

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Down around Tusist, Kenmare today, such a fantastic day, saw 20C on the car later in the afternoon, got up to 18.4C at my site.

Pic from Dereen Gardens around 13.00, got clearer as the day went on.

7d2IGmc.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Fab morning at Sutton.

Cork City - sun is shining high in the sky and not a cloud to be seen - heading for the mountains woo hoo - enjoy all

• Advertisement

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Fab morning at Sutton.

Wow, stunning what time did you have to get up at to take that picture!

Not a cloud in sky, beautiful morning here, we are currently packing up for the beach.

Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement