Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just bought 400 euro of bitcoin on binance but

• 29-05-2021 1:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭

The funds haven't reached my binance account even though they have left my bank account. Whats going on here? Will the funds arrive in my account at the price i bought them at ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Minime2.5 wrote:
    The funds haven't reached my binance account even though they have left my bank account. Whats going on here? Will the funds arrive in my account at the price i bought them at ?

How long since you did it? Bank transfers can take a couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Ish66

One born every minute......:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭con747

Ish66 wrote: »

No, Irish banks can take a full working day and more to process payments to some accounts. Sepa payments should take seconds but our banks are Irish, enough said. Also it is the weekend so it could be Monday before it hits an account.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 SauNewb

Been a while since I used Binance.

Card transactions process (or did a year ago) instantly.
    Bitcoin transactions aren't reflected until 6 confirmations (6 blocks need to be mined I think). It takes 30-45 mins.

Even if you transfer from Binance to Coinbase it takes 30-45 mins.

I'd be worried after an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,218 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

How did you transfer the funds?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

fritzelly wrote: »
    How did you transfer the funds?

with my debit card

Ish66 wrote: »

Can you elaborate please?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Check to see if you actually bought the bitcoin. By any chance did you create a limit order. It seems to usually default to that type of order for me when I go to the coin exchange. Could be pending until it hits the price.

If you used a card it should go through straight away

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

Minime2.5 wrote: »
    Can you elaborate please?

I think it relates to the bitcoin purchase.

He has essentially swapped a currency that is accepted everywhere for a digital currency that is virtually useless as a method of payment.

People only buy bitcoin because they think it will increase in price, it may continue to trend up but its going to fall hard IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭AtticusFinch86

It's a bank transaction. It will take a couple of days. Minimum 1 to 2 working days as it's a transfer to a UK (I think) account.

If you want instantaneous transfer, set yourself up on revolut and use that.

• Advertisement

Panic over. The funds are back in my bank account

I think it relates to the bitcoin purchase.

He has essentially swapped a currency that is accepted everywhere for a digital currency that is virtually useless as a method of payment.

People only buy bitcoin because they think it will increase in price, it may continue to trend up but its going to fall hard IMO.

In his and your opinion so I have to ask why bother being involved in the crypto forum?

Advertisement