Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

MCU : Infinity War/Endgame Werewolf - Gamethread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,945 ✭✭✭duffman13

beakerjoe wrote: »
    My reasoning for it is it gives everyone at least a day to enjoy the game. Killed on day 1 munch sucks.

I introduced the closed thread after lynch more as an experiment. In MCU the thread closed after each day phase and I felt it gave me time to recharge and reassess things and enable me to take a break without fear of missing amything or having a daunting read back.

How did players find it? Too restrictive?

Personally I'd have preferred thread closure a little later and reopening a bit earlier. Literally a personal preference but my most prominent times of posting and contributing is probably 9-10pm but it wouldn't stop me playing a game or anything

Totally understandable why you did it but would prefer a longer evening window particularly

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I like no munch on night 0 personally for reasons already stated.

Not massively gone on closed nights. I get *why* they are done but I think you lose a bit of thread momentum after the lynch which can sometimes be hard to get back - also post lynch banter can be the best time on thread in my experience.

That said there was a lot happening in the mornings so that countered it. It's a real shame shelly/Agatha/Patrick was killed day 1, would have liked to see how she got on later in the game.

I wanted to see how it worked and felt the Loki character was perfect to use it.

How did you feel about it?

How would others feel?

Somewhat expected to be honest given the Loki stuff so it didn't bother me too much although still surprised me

Personally it took the bluff element away from me as they knew who'd been protected and also narrowed the Bucky list for them and they already had an advantage there knowing 4 other players weren't Bucky. I think selective threads would have been a bit better but then I suppose half the fun is to cause Chaos.

Just thankful Loki didn't try cosy up to me

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

My reasoning for it is it gives everyone at least a day to enjoy the game. Killed on day 1 munch sucks.

I introduced the closed thread after lynch more as an experiment. In MCU the thread closed after each day phase and I felt it gave me time to recharge and reassess things and enable me to take a break without fear of missing amything or having a daunting read back.

I really enjoyed the thread being closed between lynch and munch, and think it added another layer to the game, given that there was no time after the lynch results for the village to have any kind of discussion.

I might have had a tipple but yas are a great bunch of lads. Every month I say I'll take a break, every month I come back for more. I'll end out divorced but sure we gotta get our priorities right:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I took a few games off last year.... missed the Batman and previous Marvel game, so I can tell you taking a break can invigorate you.

I felt I was better for it. Might take a break after HK.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I took a few games off last year.... missed the Batman and previous Marvel game, so I can tell you taking a break can invigorate you.

I've SWY for 6 weeks in July/August and would be murderised if I played during it :D:D

Already been given lists of things to do for my 'holidays' :cool:

FOMO - I might get there eventually maybe after next months game :) Probably not though

Necro wrote: »
    I've SWY for 6 weeks in July/August and would be murderised if I played during it :D:D

Already been given lists of things to do for my 'holidays' :cool:

I took mine off when Covid hit. It was a weird time both me and the misses and wee ones all stuck in the house, I didnt think it was right to play then, nor did I have the desire.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭nothing

duffman13 wrote: »
    Somewhat expected to be honest given the Loki stuff so it didn't bother me too much although still surprised me

Personally it took the bluff element away from me as they knew who'd been protected and also narrowed the Bucky list for them and they already had an advantage there knowing 4 other players weren't Bucky. I think selective threads would have been a bit better but then I suppose half the fun is to cause Chaos.

Just thankful Loki didn't try cosy up to me

To be honest, once kitten claimed her character, we were going for her, but if she hadn't, it definitely was a help in ruling out another couple

• Advertisement

FOMO - I might get there eventually maybe after next months game :) Probably not though

If a theme comes up that appeals I cant miss it.

Raging I missed Batman last year. Never again

nothing wrote: »
    To be honest, once kitten claimed her character, we were going for her, but if she hadn't, it definitely was a help in ruling out another couple

Ah I went Kitten too, I just foolishly waited to make my selection. I was full on lynching Kitten until it dawned on me Dum Dum had to be Bucky

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭nothing

Ah I went Kitten too, I just foolishly waited to make my selection. I was full on lynching Kitten until it dawned on me Dum Dum had to be Bucky

That's why we lost another wolf, we figured one more of us had to go in her place

• Registered Users Posts: 84,807 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I would have liked the thread closure maybe 30 mins or 60 mins after lynch but it worked out good as I probably would have just spammed with fluffy wrong leans views posts etc., :p

I don't think I gave Loki any info as I was so wrong in my leans but he knew I was Falcon apprentice BG

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Personally I'd have preferred thread closure a little later and reopening a bit earlier. Literally a personal preference but my most prominent times of posting and contributing is probably 9-10pm but it wouldn't stop me playing a game or anything

Totally understandable why you did it but would prefer a longer evening window particularly

I like closures. Wouldn’t mind more to be honest. Maybe at night from 11.30- 8.30 and during day at 2-5.30 or something like that.

So hard to catch-up day or night if you are unable to stay updated. I play less games because to be honest I am regularly lost and the game intensity of the games makes it less fun when you are looking for ways to be useful to your team. The only way I felt I could be uesfuk in this game was to try to be as villagey as possible so not to be wasting a lynch. Kind of lazy play really.

Work is stressful and quite often I don’t have the mental energy to spend as much time trying to “wolf hunt”. I’d be happy just having a laugh and messing the whole time. It’s why I’m generally only “ok” at getting involved when somebody attacks me on thread. I find being NRV the most relaxing role!

Maybe I’m just not very good. After modding a game , I know how much work goes into these things so feel really bad when I can’t be fully comitted to play so it’s easier to just not play.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Well done Village on the win. Great game Bj, I can't believe you modded that on your own. Some job!!! I predicted it in my BR on Day 0 that I'd be dead by Day 1 so I'm impressed that I survived to Day 2 at all but I think I was on a a hiding to nothing with the role. No offence to BJ at all it was a very tough role to try balance in a game like this and I totally appreciate that the risk/reward was justifiable and I'm just **** as a SK but I dont think anyone could've won the game as Thanos with the snap. The 5/6th tasks would've made it impossible to explain away. It would've been fun to try though.

I was mostly raging that I got piled on for a stupid placeholder vote on Day 1. That wasn't even the task at all! I actually did have DIY stuff to do at home that evening and got so annoyed when I saw I was lynch leader I gave up. I never came back from that. Levar's reveal post for my death was hilarious.

And I cannot believe that no one noticed my tasking on Tuesday. I spelled out Thanos in so many posts I thought I was so obvious. I just couldn't get the damn thing right. It drove me demented.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,192 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Well done Village on the win. Great game Bj, I can't believe you modded that on your own. Some job!!! I predicted it in my BR on Day 0 that I'd be dead by Day 1 so I'm impressed that I survived to Day 2 at all but I think I was on a a hiding to nothing with the role. No offence to BJ at all it was a very tough role to try balance in a game like this and I totally appreciate that the risk/reward was justifiable and I'm just **** as a SK but I dont think anyone could've won the game as Thanos with the snap. The 5/6th tasks would've made it impossible to explain away. It would've been fun to try though.

I was mostly raging that I got piled on for a stupid placeholder vote on Day 1. That wasn't even the task at all! I actually did have DIY stuff to do at home that evening and got so annoyed when I saw I was lynch leader I gave up. I never came back from that. Levar's reveal post for my death was hilarious.

And I cannot believe that no one noticed my tasking on Tuesday. I spelled out Thanos in so many posts I thought I was so obvious. I just couldn't get the damn thing right. It drove me demented.

We actually had mixed feeling about having you killed.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

We actually had mixed feeling about having you killed.

Vale seeking ways to communicate with Thanos..... I was like, how is he going to accomplish this.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

I like the closed thread at night, one thing we did years ago on Irishpokerboards was have ten minutes after the lynch to chat then it closed. That helped a lot with the game.

As a mod, it helped me keep on top of the game, poker players are notorious for being up through the night, so morning would be a nightmare to catch up on if it stayed open.

I like the closed thread at night, one thing we did years ago on Irishpokerboards was have ten minutes after the lynch to chat then it closed. That helped a lot with the game.

As a mod, it helped me keep on top of the game, poker players are notorious for being up through the night, so morning would be a nightmare to catch up on if it stayed open.

Yeah, stopped events from happening. I remember one game many moons ago, me, drunk about 3am started using my bullets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Fair play to you Beaker, that was a very intricate game, very well run. I didn't get the chance to get into it as much I was would've liked but I'm glad I only shot Necro with the dud (not as glad about giving Molly the peek though).

Yeah, stopped events from happening. I remember one game many moons ago, me, drunk about 3am started using my bullets.

Think that was Eastenders, I vaguely recall that flushed out a wolf I think :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Neowise

Was that the eastenders game?

That was great crack, the Mitchell brothers bandying around a fun drink and Peggy have to intervene!

Neowise wrote: »
    Was that the eastenders game?

That was great crack, the Mitchell brothers bandying around a fun drink and Peggy have to intervene!

It might have been! Lol

Lol went back and had a read of the shenanigans that night. Was reading and thinking "Jez that Jake is some dcik. Oh wait that's me" lmao. Ahh good craic.

Should yeah. There is definitely some merit in having and not having an open thread at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Barney92 wrote: »
    Fair play to you Beaker, that was a very intricate game, very well run. I didn't get the chance to get into it as much I was would've liked but I'm glad I only shot Necro with the dud (not as glad about giving Molly the peek though).

Sure I didnt even get to use it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭Reberetta

Bravo beakerjoe, a stellar performance.:)

I enjoyed it. Unfortunately I have been suffering from sleep deprivation for a few days and will be taking a step back from Werewolf for a considerable time.

Congratulations to the victors.

Reberetta wrote: »
    Bravo beakerjoe, a stellar performance.:)
    I enjoyed it. Unfortunately I have been suffering from sleep deprivation for a few days and will be taking a step back from Werewolf for a considerable time.
    Congratulations to the victors.

Who were you?

Take Care of Yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Who were you?

Take Care of Yourself

He was my stepsister, I think beaker managed to sew just a little too much paranoia :)

• Advertisement

ari101 wrote: »
    He was my stepsister, I think beaker managed to sew just a little too much paranoia :)

Vernon - Gamora?

Advertisement