Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Central Statistics Office service towards internal competitions

• 27-05-2021 3:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I did a stint with the CSO as a Census Field Supervisor for about 5 months. They graded it as 'Staff officer equivalent.' I am rejoining the Civil Service and would be looking to apply for internal competitions. With the 2 year min service for such competitions. Would that service count as Civil service?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

As far as I was always told (and this may very likely be incorrect) service is based on pension contributions.

HR will be able to clarify if your previous service can be counted towards the 2 year minimum.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Toulouse wrote: »
    As far as I was always told (and this may very likely be incorrect) service is based on pension contributions.

HR will be able to clarify if your previous service can be counted towards the 2 year minimum.

I contacted DPER directly and they said it should count towards two years service. That together with TCO service in Revenue was temporary in nature, so there was no pension contributions as far as im aware.

Advertisement