Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insulated foundation Installers.

• 29-01-2017 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

I'm looking for grounds workers that install Insulated foundations. Would anyone have recommendations in the Munster area.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

By PM thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭hadoken13

Thought I'd add to this thread instead of posting a new one @mods feel free to move if not in the correct place.

We are looking to start building a new house in the next few months and are at odds with going with an insulated foundation (such as Kore, Castleform etc.) or a strip foundation. We are going with ICF for the walls so thought it would make sense to go with an insulated, passive foundation. However, the quotes we are getting for groundwork and installation of the Kore foundation are really high. If anyone has had these done or know of any installers, would you mind dropping me a PM.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,163 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

only use approved installers
    You need to look at the life time savings, over say 40 years, of the insulated foundations and not the incremental higher costs now.

If you need more budget. reduce the size of the house or drop the Italian terrazzo tiles... :)

When pouring the ICF make sure the first bit of each lorry is rejected and don't allow them start in a corner, the problem is that the first piece can contain a lot of aggregate and creates a void in the corner which can allow water ingress.
    If they start in the middle , the concrete poker has a better chance of blending the mix at the bottom of the shuttering

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭hadoken13

Got a quote of almost 7k for a tradesperson to install a castleform insulated foundation system, just the insulation and steel, no foundation preparation, no concrete pour no services dug out and placed. Madness. Looks like a strip foundation is what we will be going with.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Biker1

hadoken13 wrote: »
    Got a quote of almost 7k for a tradesperson to install a castleform insulated foundation system, just the insulation and steel, no foundation preparation, no concrete pour no services dug out and placed. Madness. Looks like a strip foundation is what we will be going with.

Kore passive insulated slab for a 120m2 house should take no more than 2 days for two people.

• Advertisement
Advertisement