Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Returning Washed Cycling Clothing

• 27-05-2021 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I recently ordered some bibshorts online. When i tried them on initially the fit seemed good, not 100% perfect but I was happy enough standing at home in front of the mirror.

Different story when I went out on a spin a week later. After about 15k or so the fabric of the shorts started to bunch in places and worse still the chamois pad had a tendency to move to the side when pedalling causing one numb arse cheek. These were fairly expensive shorts so as you can imagine I was more than disappointing. I cut the cycle short and went home.

Anyway, the shorts have since been washed and dried and tbf they look as good as new. They are still covered under the return policy and I have been toying with the idea of sending them back. I still have the box they came in and I can reattach the tag as before. The label with the washing instructions is still attached but does looks a bit crinkled - this might be a giveaway or it may have been like this already.

If I return these shorts is the retailer going to know immediately that they have been washed and tell me to go jump? Or am I better off just putting them up on DoneDeal at this stage?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

It's been worn. On your bare arse. And washed. So no, it's not new anymore.

I'd suggest contacting the retailer and being honest - seems to me it's not fit for purpose, regardless of the sizing issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

That's fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

When it comes to returns generally anything that touches your crotch such as underwear, swimwear, bib shorts etc can't be returned. Same with earrings.

If these aren't fit for purpose/faulty then they have to replace or refund the item.

Returns are a tricky thing. Most places want the tags, labels and even packaging untouched which is almost impossible to do. I had to rip the plastic packaging on a jersey yesterday as the tape on it just wouldn't come off no matter how careful I was, thankful it fit fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,738 ✭✭✭C3PO

Seriously?

I would have assumed, similar to underwear, that things like this can never be returned

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,281 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

if the issue with them shifting about and bunching is a fit related issue, it's not a product defect probably.
    however, anyone selling something online where fit is crucial would have to accept that getting fit perfect is not easy, so i'd suspect they'd be pragmatic about these sort of issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,191 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

if the issue with them shifting about and bunching is a fit related issue, it's not a product defect probably.
    however, anyone selling something online where fit is crucial would have to accept that getting fit perfect is not easy, so i'd suspect they'd be pragmatic about these sort of issues.

and

however, anyone selling buying something online where fit is crucial would have to accept that getting fit perfect is not easy, so i'd suspect they'd be pragmatic about these sort of issues.

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭TGD

Tim76 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I recently ordered some bibshorts online. When i tried them on initially the fit seemed good, not 100% perfect but I was happy enough standing at home in front of the mirror.

Different story when I went out on a spin a week later. After about 15k or so the fabric of the shorts started to bunch in places and worse still the chamois pad had a tendency to move to the side when pedalling causing one numb arse cheek. These were fairly expensive shorts so as you can imagine I was more than disappointing. I cut the cycle short and went home.

Anyway, the shorts have since been washed and dried and tbf they look as good as new. They are still covered under the return policy and I have been toying with the idea of sending them back. I still have the box they came in and I can reattach the tag as before. The label with the washing instructions is still attached but does looks a bit crinkled - this might be a giveaway or it may have been like this already.

If I return these shorts is the retailer going to know immediately that they have been washed and tell me to go jump? Or am I better off just putting them up on DoneDeal at this stage?

“ They are still covered under the return policy ...” - after being worn?? Are you sure?

Advertisement