Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Eddie O’Connor has resigned as chairman of Mainstream Renewable Power

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

...he's dead right, and he is wealthy enough to take the fall,so it's no skin off his nose. The relentless corruption in Africa/tendency to resort to the machete or the AK 47 to solve problems/blame the West,etc,etc is preventing Africa from moving into the better part of the 20th century, let alone be bang up to date with climate change.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,770 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

So the truth really does hurt now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.” Plato circa 347 B.C.E and still true today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Shebean

I don't see the problem. Was it using 'tribal'?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,192 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Does no one think the crosshairs on his picture is abit ominous?

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭chrisd2019

https://www.independent.ie/business/irish/eddie-oconnor-resigns-as-chairman-of-mainstream-renewable-40475336.html
    It comes after comments he made last week, at the Dublin Climate Dialogues, that Africa’s energy transition was being held back by a lack of education in “tribal societies.”

Wokie/PC/BS

Is not all national identity in some part linked to tribalism?

Having travel to many parts of Africa myself it should be remembered that Africa is a vast continent and varies in business and other opportunities also.

I do agree though that much of Africa is poorly governed and as a result unstable from an investment outlook.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

"It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong"

Some French lad.

I was in a cab driven by a Nigerian guy today. Lovely chap. I always ask these guys where they come from, and how is it.

He basically talked about corruption the whole time. Also said that he believed that most Nigerians were ok with it, basically people get the government they deserve kind of thing.

He didn’t mention tribalism.

Advertisement